Second Skin Audio

What is Fs?

afrakes

So now that I know what it means, what is the practical application of this information? Lower Fs, lower tuning? How do you use the Fs rating when designing an enclosure for a woofer?

nice question.......
I'm sensing some sarcasm lol. This is all out of curiosity, just want to know how each piece of information ties together, I see a lot of people mention Fs when designing an enclosure, and I want to know how and the benefits of doing so.

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

Dude... im not being that way. I have no idea either. Why would you say that, fuck i asked the same question basically just above you dude...

Im in for the info also. Im sure there will be someone that can FULLY expain it. Idgaf about googling shit.

I will say in the end, you can plot, auto cad this that, the other, and when you toss it in a vehicle, that all goes to shit.....

but, id like some more detailed info also.

I will ask, how is this used in what you want to do, or your needs. ????

Thought u were asking me this question, on why did I want to know. I get it now. Haha

I heard box building is more art than science. I use the "shoot and yell shit" method myself.

I built my wall just like everyone said I should. Plenty of port, right air space. It falls on its face below tuning which is very close to the fs of my sub's.

Go figure

In the grand scheme of things, it's a number...nothing more. Now if you want to get technical and use that number to help plot F3 then it's definitely more useful.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

In the grand scheme of things, it's a number...nothing more. Now if you want to get technical and use that number to help plot F3 then it's definitely more useful.

Please elaborate

You generally want to tune your port as close as you can to the Fs. But you are getting ahead of your self because you have to figure out if your sub is going to work best in a ported or sealed enclosure first. You will need to figure out the EBP of the sub, then you can go from there. Like my HDS312 has a EBP of 43, which suggest it's best application to be a sealed enclosure. But if you had a HDC312, the EBP is 109.62 which suggest a ported box.

Here is a calculator for that:

http://www.ajdesigner.com/phpsubwooferclosed/efficiency_bandwidth_product_equation.php#ajscroll

This is a pretty good read, explaining what each thing means:

http://www.speakerplans.com/index.php?id=faq1

That won't answer all of your questions, but it will get you on the right path for more research with new search parameters to make the perfect box for your subwoofer.

Archived