OrionStang Posted October 13, 2014 Report Posted October 13, 2014 So i've got a tentative design for 2 BL 12s that will net just over 2 cubes per sub, tuned to 34, and 69sq in of port(16.68 per cube). I have never used BL's so my question is, is 69 inches of port too much port area for them? SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
95 south Posted October 13, 2014 Report Posted October 13, 2014 Shit bro I have a set of BL 12's with the 4 inch coil in them and used them in a ported enclosure that was tuned to 33hz and 4.23 cubes. I need to find the info on port but when I do will let you know. They fucking slammed in that box. Mind you the box was all 1" mdf with a 2" baffle and braced inside with 1" mdf. Rock solid and I had them on a Fosgate 2500bdcp. No System......GFY
biscuitownz Posted October 13, 2014 Report Posted October 13, 2014 Shit bro I have a set of BL 12's with the 4 inch coil in them and used them in a ported enclosure that was tuned to 33hz and 4.23 cubes. I need to find the info on port but when I do will let you know. They fucking slammed in that box. Mind you the box was all 1" mdf with a 2" baffle and braced inside with 1" mdf. Rock solid and I had them on a Fosgate 2500bdcp. How did you get a BL with a 4" coil?
95 south Posted October 13, 2014 Report Posted October 13, 2014 4 years ago that was an option on the BL when I bought 4 of them. Badass No System......GFY
Krakin Posted October 13, 2014 Report Posted October 13, 2014 I don't know of any negatives associated with large amounts of port area. I have heard theories about having more area in the port than driver area, but nothing that has been proved. My theory is that with more port area resulting in a lower port velocity you will get lower distortion due to the port. Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
OrionStang Posted October 13, 2014 Author Report Posted October 13, 2014 Shit bro I have a set of BL 12's with the 4 inch coil in them and used them in a ported enclosure that was tuned to 33hz and 4.23 cubes. I need to find the info on port but when I do will let you know. They fucking slammed in that box. Mind you the box was all 1" mdf with a 2" baffle and braced inside with 1" mdf. Rock solid and I had them on a Fosgate 2500bdcp. Same amp Ill be using, box won't be that crazy though. Wanna sell your BL's? LOL but serious. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
95 south Posted October 13, 2014 Report Posted October 13, 2014 Lol....Bro those fuckers are collectors for me...I will sell anything but those...Even my SP4's....lol No System......GFY
OrionStang Posted October 13, 2014 Author Report Posted October 13, 2014 I feel you, man. Wish they still offered the 4" coil. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
OrionStang Posted October 13, 2014 Author Report Posted October 13, 2014 Let me know if you find your old port specs though. Im confident in my design, but would like to reference yours. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
95 south Posted October 13, 2014 Report Posted October 13, 2014 Will do bro for sure No System......GFY
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.