Sonic Electronix

Hey guys i was doing some research on a soundqubed amp i am going to buy and i came across these instructions on their website to set the gains.

1. Set LPF to 100-125

2. Set Subsonic to 30-35

3. Set master/slave switch to Master

4. Set the gain on the amp to min(all the way to the left)

5. Install the remote gain and turn 1/2 way up (the midpoint on the dial)

6. All EQ settings and bass controls on the HU to O (Alpine HU's subwoofer up on some models needs to be turned up)

7. Turn HU volume to 3/4 and insert CD (perferbably a recorded CD and not an mp3 At this time you will have no output because the gain on the amp is turned down)

8. Slowly turn the gain on the amp until the clipping indicator on the remote starts to flicker as the frequencies in the music change. Do not allow the the clipping indicator to glow solid or flicker continuously on constant music or stay red on transients. This will lead to a burning coil.

My question pertains to the filters. On many websites i read that your LPF should be maxed and your Subsonic should be set to the lowest. Should just use their instructions since they know their amps best or should i use the classic way i learned?

Those instructions are full of problems.

You need a tool to set gains, not a fucking bass knob.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

Those instructions are full of problems.

You need a tool to set gains, not a fucking bass knob.

this is a hundred percent true.

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

subsonic is the lower limit of what the sub will play, hpf (high pass filter) is the upper limit of what the sub will play

too low on the subsonic can be bad if it let's you play too far below tuning, dangerous for the sub, while too high on the hpf will have sub playing higher frequencies that it's not very good at... not dangerous just wasteful

Archived