Jump to content

mid range or mid bass ?


d-nice88

Recommended Posts

Posted

for educational purposes...a mid range and a mid bass driver can be the same speaker, just depending on enclosure and frequency range. I myself, am building a system with a 6.5 mid range and a 6.5 mid bass in each door. would love to have an 8'' mid bass, just not enough room in my small economy car.

back at the OP, I agree with many here, it takes both to really complete the staging and imaging. :drink40:

2007 Chevy Aveo Ls sedan

2 Sundown Xv2 on scv4k @ .5 ohm

2 pair RE XXX 6.5 components on sax200.4 @ 2 ohm

Big Three, Three runs 1/0 power from front to back, 1 ground front to back

Two runs ground from rear bank to chassis

XS power d3100 upfront, 3 Odyssey 2150s in bank

Singer 220 amp alt

Posted

I c.. well my car only takes 4x6's in the dash and 6x9's in the rear no door speakers so I guess I can try and cut holes in the front door panels and put a 6.5 component set with the tweets in the dash and put a couple of mid bass next to the mid range speakers. Wish I could make some kick panels but I dont think I have enough room in my lesabre

Posted

not necessarily. depending on how you crossover a 4 channel amp...do a little homework homey...there are a ton of different ways to get-r-done.

2007 Chevy Aveo Ls sedan

2 Sundown Xv2 on scv4k @ .5 ohm

2 pair RE XXX 6.5 components on sax200.4 @ 2 ohm

Big Three, Three runs 1/0 power from front to back, 1 ground front to back

Two runs ground from rear bank to chassis

XS power d3100 upfront, 3 Odyssey 2150s in bank

Singer 220 amp alt

Posted

the good stuff isn't cheap, the cheap stuff isn't good...the more time and dedication you put in to this hobby/lifestyle, the more you realize, just like everything else, you get out what you put in. I have my particular brand favs...but I def wouldn't classify them as "budget friendly"

so....?????

2007 Chevy Aveo Ls sedan

2 Sundown Xv2 on scv4k @ .5 ohm

2 pair RE XXX 6.5 components on sax200.4 @ 2 ohm

Big Three, Three runs 1/0 power from front to back, 1 ground front to back

Two runs ground from rear bank to chassis

XS power d3100 upfront, 3 Odyssey 2150s in bank

Singer 220 amp alt

Posted

Well put man! Lots of great budget friendly brands out there just have to start with a budget and pic something to try. Or save up for a better brand. You usually get what you pay for in life and this hobby is no different IMO.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 1088 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...