RE Audio XXX6.5C 6.5”

Hotdog

Soccerballzs how much power were you giving yours. Because Goingdef1310 was definitely overpowering the components. Are far as burning up the crossovers

I will only be giving recommended power which is 150rms

I have had a number of sets of speakers over the years and find that the better the quality the speaker the more power they'll take and sound better on that power. While i have not had the RE XXX components, i have ran hertz and when i go to do another build i will 100% buy another set to run, they took both my old school ppi 150w ch amps like a champ which were pumping closer to 175w ch and sounded amazing doing so. There comes a point where you do get tired of buying speakers over and over again, and when you do finally buy something of quality you really want to kick yourself in the ass for not doing so sooner.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

I think the RE XXX are beasts from what i have read and the couple guys i know on here who have run them. If the midrange is lacking some it sounds like they would need a true mid range driver to fill in the gap. Beasty mid bass drivers,

I am running a set of these. I enjoy the mid bass and how smooth the tweeters are. As another poster said, they arent super strong in the frequency range that most vocals fall into. Another issue I have found is that they arent quite as detailed as some other sets I have used.

Here in a few weeks I plan to install a set of Infinity Kappa series 5.25" components along with my RE's.

I am fairly sure this is going to not work out as well as I would like,but, its worth a try seen as I have the kappa's laying around doing nothing.

Archived