Second Skin Audio

Help me decide on subwoofer size

Afficionado

Keep the 12's, buy a new car do a build for 15's in the new car.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

15s dude, if you built an efficient box for the 12s you should be able to do the same with the 15s provided there is enough space like you said

The L@zy Hoe

2005 Chevy Tahoe

2,500 Watts of Highs/Mids

4 10 midrange

4 6.5 midwoofers

4 Tweeters

6 Supertweeters

2 Lithium 80AH Batteries

24K Watts

4 Custom 18s

Quad alt setup Rebuilt 250amp and 3 370s

Interior work by Lone Star Auto Works

The Build Log

Like Loud Bass? Click Here!

On 12/5/2014 at 8:06 PM, juan777 said:

See yall there, I'll be the drunk Mexican with aviators on.

On 12/6/2014 at 10:32 PM, boom50cal said:

I did see Juan LMFAO! He REALLY WAS the drunk mexican with Aviators on!

Just one daily driver for now. Once I graduate and have more money I'll defnitely do a bigger build in an audio only vehicle.

OP if you ca truly fit a proper box for the 15's, do the upgrade. If you don't, you'll always think about you should have. If you have to fudge teh enclosure though (volume, port size, etc.) don't do it, stick with 12's.

I can build a box in the trunk that is 6 cubes net, with a slot port tuned to 30 hz (this is what i discovered i most enjoy for daily listening) and can put 2x 15's on the front.

It will not be easy in any sense to build it, but it can be done and i'm confident I can do it.

And this allows for a triple baffled front. (Z v.4's aren't light...)

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

15s dude, if you built an efficient box for the 12s you should be able to do the same with the 15s provided there is enough space like you said

I should add, I've only built boxes using aeroports before, I haven't yet built a box utilizing a slot port, so I'm not quite as confident with that yet..

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

Just one daily driver for now. Once I graduate and have more money I'll defnitely do a bigger build in an audio only vehicle.

OP if you ca truly fit a proper box for the 15's, do the upgrade. If you don't, you'll always think about you should have. If you have to fudge teh enclosure though (volume, port size, etc.) don't do it, stick with 12's.

I can build a box in the trunk that is 6 cubes net, with a slot port tuned to 30 hz (this is what i discovered i most enjoy for daily listening) and can put 2x 15's on the front.

It will not be easy in any sense to build it, but it can be done and i'm confident I can do it.

6 cuft is not enough for 15s

stick with the 12zv4s in same box, and you should gain a bit

The L@zy Hoe

2005 Chevy Tahoe

2,500 Watts of Highs/Mids

4 10 midrange

4 6.5 midwoofers

4 Tweeters

6 Supertweeters

2 Lithium 80AH Batteries

24K Watts

4 Custom 18s

Quad alt setup Rebuilt 250amp and 3 370s

Interior work by Lone Star Auto Works

The Build Log

Like Loud Bass? Click Here!

On 12/5/2014 at 8:06 PM, juan777 said:

See yall there, I'll be the drunk Mexican with aviators on.

On 12/6/2014 at 10:32 PM, boom50cal said:

I did see Juan LMFAO! He REALLY WAS the drunk mexican with Aviators on!

If you feel comfortable, do the fifteens and buildlog it. If not do the twelves and post a shit ton of vids. That's a lot of electrical for two t2500s lol.

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

Don't do the 15's. You're going way to undersized @ 6 cu ft

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

6 cuft is not enough for 15s

stick with the 12zv4s in same box, and you should gain a bit

Don't do the 15's. You're going way to undersized @ 6 cu ft

I wasn't sure.

I saw the Sundown said on their site that 3 cubes was adequate, but I still sent Jacob an email about situation and haven't heard back from him yet.

If you feel comfortable, do the fifteens and buildlog it. If not do the twelves and post a shit ton of vids. That's a lot of electrical for two t2500s lol.

well...I could do hair tricks with the two X-12's on a single t2500 :]

It wasn't a massive wind tunnel, but i think most would consider it a legitimate hairtrick.

Archived