rca splitters or what ?

*shrugs* things like this can be a pain. I have the sub outputs tied up for the 15's in the trunk so u all im left with is the 4 channle outputs

From the head unit or the eq? How is your current system setup as far as rca outputs and inputs?

I am facing this same issue with one 4 channel.... I want to have balance/fade capabilities so I will be running two sets of RCA's, one for front, one for rear. If you use Y adapters, you will get input signal from either the front or the rear, not both. As mentioned above, some 4 channels have a 4ch. output, allowing you to connect another 4 channel in line with the first, still maintaining your balance/fade. I guess it would mainly come down to whether or not you want to be able to fade and balance.....

Head Unit - Clarion VX709 7" DVD Touchscreen

Mid/Highs - Front Doors - RF Prime 6.5" component mids.

A. Pillars - RF Punch component tweets.
B. Pillars - RF Prime component tweets.
Rear Doors - RF Punch 5.25" mids.
RF Punch 3-way passive X-overs.
Mid/Highs Amp - MB Quart Onyx 360.4, 4 channel, 640W RMS.
Subs - (2) PowerBass 3XL 15, 1000w RMS, 3" flat wound coil, 562oz motor, 10" spider.
Sub Amp - Audiopipe GD6001 @.5ohm, clamped 2825RMS.
Box - 9.6 cu^3 net @35Hz, three 6" aero's.
Charging - Energizer 120Ah AGM under the hood, MaxLife 75Ah in the rear. Big 3, 140A aftermarket alt. (off brand)
Wires - Two JL Audio 2/0ga OFC. runs to rear, 4ga. power/2ga. ground to component amp (OFC), 1/0ga. OFC Knu Konceptz Kolossus Kandy everywhere else.

Y adapter are fine, a pass through on an amp is nothing more then a built in y adapter. And on most amps the crossover built into the amp does not affect the signal going through the pass through.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Y adapter are fine, a pass through on an amp is nothing more then a built in y adapter. And on most amps the crossover built into the amp does not affect the signal going through the pass through.

What if he wants to be able to balance and fade though, won't the Y adapter off one set of RCA's kill that capability?

Subs - (2) PowerBass 3XL 15, 1000w RMS, 3" flat wound coil, 562oz motor, 10" spider.
Charging - Energizer 120Ah AGM under the hood, MaxLife 75Ah in the rear. Big 3, 140A aftermarket alt. (off brand)
Wires - Two JL Audio 2/0ga OFC. runs to rear, 4ga. power/2ga. ground to component amp (OFC), 1/0ga. OFC Knu Konceptz Kolossus Kandy everywhere else.

If he wants to balance and fade he needs a sound processor.

At the same time though you can still do it but it wont be as effective. Its all a matter of how its done but I'm not tak g the time to draw up a diagram of a possibility nor do I have a computer to do it with.

Basically the y adapter would connect to the eq, 1 male to 2 female. The first pre out to the Ch for highs. Second preout with y adapters. One set off tge y adapters to mid channels other set to mid bass. Third pre out to sub amp. Then adjusting fade or balance will effect it all in the same way. The positioning of the speakers would determine the usefulness of it.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Correct me if I'm wrong, right now you have a 4 channel running your mids and highs, and a kicker running your 15s, but you want to add another 4 channel to run another sub and 2 mid bass?

If he wants to balance and fade he needs a sound processor.

At the same time though you can still do it but it wont be as effective. Its all a matter of how its done but I'm not tak g the time to draw up a diagram of a possibility nor do I have a computer to do it with.

Basically the y adapter would connect to the eq, 1 male to 2 female. The first pre out to the Ch for highs. Second preout with y adapters. One set off tge y adapters to mid channels other set to mid bass. Third pre out to sub amp. Then adjusting fade or balance will effect it all in the same way. The positioning of the speakers would determine the usefulness of it.

I think it would all depend on if the amps had a 4 ch. line out. I'm not tackling that diagram either and I'm not looking the amps up, lol. But if the amps do have 4 ch. outputs, two sets of RCA's from the EQ, front and rear, to the 1st 4 channel. Then I believe the line outs are just a pass through from the line in, so would work the same on the second amp. Would give him balance and fade, and take care of the whole problem.

Pass through are nothing more then a built in y adapter.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

Archived