Second Skin Audio

Different port designs....are they the same tune

One thing I see wrong with the t shaped port you have is that you have to width constant the whole way. Say you have 4 in port going into each chamber you would want where they join together to exit the box to become 8in wide

Are you positive about that?....if so then i should have 2.375 from both chambers and lengthen the main port 2.375.....but the width is right?

The length will be the same on the two sides of the port going back, subtract the back and the front wall from the length because it's part of the port, make sure the bends starts at half the width of the port, hopefully I explained that right

One thing I see wrong with the t shaped port you have is that you have to width constant the whole way. Say you have 4 in port going into each chamber you would want where they join together to exit the box to become 8in wide

Are you positive about that?....if so then i should have 2.375 from both chambers and lengthen the main port 2.375.....but the width is right?
I should have been more specific I'm talking about the port width. If you have both sides of port at let's 2in then when they make the turn and meet the port has to be 4in wide.

0I1jBjM.jpg

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

ok, I found this but I need a little help understanding it......I need 26" of port

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m632/bobob07/T-portdesignwidthdoesnotequaldis-1.jpg?t=1413960953

From here

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/9336-8-basic-diagrams-on-how-to-measure-port-length/

.....I was hoping this was going to be easier lol

I should have been more specific I'm talking about the port width. If you have both sides of port at let's 2in then when they make the turn and meet the port has to be 4in wide.

0I1jBjM.jpg

what ive read, states otherwise....idk though, anyone else have input on that....im so confused

look at figure f

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/9336-8-basic-diagrams-on-how-to-measure-port-length/

Collin I would post a cutsheet for you if you wanted but if you are tying to learn this yourself that's good too, here is how you do the T shaped port from Torres:

L1 + L2 = whatever you used for port length in Torres:

portlength_zps4e10b1af.jpg

So that you get why the port splits to half width after the turn, both ends of the port need to have the same cross-sectional area so the two internal ends of the T port total area equals the external end.

Archived