4 channel amp off rear battery bank???

Your major issue for a 3k system is going to be your alt, no matter how many Batts you stick in you have to have a way of charging them and 130 amp alt isn't going to keep up with 3k.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Your major issue for a 3k system is going to be your alt, no matter how many Batts you stick in you have to have a way of charging them and 130 amp alt isn't going to keep up with 3k.

The stock replacement, can't recall the brand, is 130A which I know isn't enough, but surely better than some for now. I have plans for a DC Power 230 or a Singer 240 sometime down the road but don't even want to look at the prices. Since we are measuring in Ah, this battery claims 100Ah, it is a electric wheelchair battery...?http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-UB121000-45978-12V-100AH-90AH-Battery-Scooter-Wheelchair-Mobility-Deep-Cycle-/191323581196?pt=US_Rechargeable_Batteries&hash=item2c8bc62b0c

So one of them would probably get me to my 150Ah goal, presuming it actually is 100Ah, right? My budget isn't bottomless, so I have to try and save money where I can and this is nicely priced for the Ah rating.

Head Unit - Clarion VX709 7" DVD Touchscreen

Mid/Highs - Front Doors - RF Prime 6.5" component mids.

A. Pillars - RF Punch component tweets.
B. Pillars - RF Prime component tweets.
Rear Doors - RF Punch 5.25" mids.
RF Punch 3-way passive X-overs.
Mid/Highs Amp - MB Quart Onyx 360.4, 4 channel, 640W RMS.
Subs - (2) PowerBass 3XL 15, 1000w RMS, 3" flat wound coil, 562oz motor, 10" spider.
Sub Amp - Audiopipe GD6001 @.5ohm, clamped 2825RMS.
Box - 9.6 cu^3 net @35Hz, three 6" aero's.
Charging - Energizer 120Ah AGM under the hood, MaxLife 75Ah in the rear. Big 3, 140A aftermarket alt. (off brand)
Wires - Two JL Audio 2/0ga OFC. runs to rear, 4ga. power/2ga. ground to component amp (OFC), 1/0ga. OFC Knu Konceptz Kolossus Kandy everywhere else.

Big audio is expensive. I limit myself to 1500 watts to keep a single battery and stock electrical. I compensate with huge boxes and efficient drivers.

You also have to consider what the end purpose is. Are you just putting in bumps to have something cool while you and your buddies drive around and get high, or will you actually go to a comp and put your system on a meter? These little details matter on a meter, but if you are just bumping around town a lot of this stuff isn't so important.

Yes, wheelchairs use AGM batteries. I've been using and maintaining AGM batteries for the past 13 years of my life because of this.

With one of the wheelchair batteries and the xs under your hood, you would probably be close enough.

You can get away with your alt for now, but to be "solid" you should get a bigger alternator.

Yes, wheelchairs use AGM batteries. I've been using and maintaining AGM batteries for the past 13 years of my life because of this.

With one of the wheelchair batteries and the xs under your hood, you would probably be close enough.

You can get away with your alt for now, but to be "solid" you should get a bigger alternator.

I am going to see about the Ah on this UPS unit battery first. If this is at least 90Ah, I can add that to my Kinitek, buy the XS Power XP950 for under the hood and that would give me my 150Ah for $130. The norm I have seen when looking around the forums is 50-75Ah per 1k, so you had that right. Then if I need additional power, I can just add one or two more HC600's to get me there. I think the UPS battery sandwiched between two HC600's, joined with a bus bar, would look cool anyways! From there, I guess the norm is about 1.5A per Ah on alternator size. So the DC Power 240 should fit the bill, as long as it isn't MechMan. Have heard horror stories on them alternators on here, Youtube and anywhere else I read. Thanks for this though, helped out a ton!

Subs - (2) PowerBass 3XL 15, 1000w RMS, 3" flat wound coil, 562oz motor, 10" spider.
Charging - Energizer 120Ah AGM under the hood, MaxLife 75Ah in the rear. Big 3, 140A aftermarket alt. (off brand)
Wires - Two JL Audio 2/0ga OFC. runs to rear, 4ga. power/2ga. ground to component amp (OFC), 1/0ga. OFC Knu Konceptz Kolossus Kandy everywhere else.

Also, I doubt that 3k will be constant. I will have a Banda ICE 2.5k 2ohm version, which if I remember correctly, are efficient at 12.8v. These do more than rated but I don't think it's a ton more, maybe like 2650 I wanna say. Then I will have the MB Quart 360RMS 4 channel, wired at 4 ohms so actually 320RMS. So that's 2970RMS at peaks, when the ICE is stretching over rated.

Archived