straight pipes, Is it ignorant?

i had an exhaust shop make room in the engine bay im pretty sure we moved the turbo around a lil just to get the downpipe on and i thunk that thedownpipe might be 5 inches but im not sure

Build Log

1996 chevy suburban

2 zv4 15

kenwood excelon mids and tweeters

kenwood excelon deck

mevhman 370

3 batts all different

mechman avmb II

2 inch squat

33 inch muds

straight pipes

kixker zx series 4ch

sundown amps

memphis 0 gauge

soon to be fu audio c pillar wall

On my 78 F100 that i mentioned in an earlier post I had single in single out dual flowmasters cut and turned down and out a little in front of the back tires. The old hot rod practice to blow dirt off track for better traction was theory lol. But it had a nice driving tone until you got on it and then it sounded outright mean.

Still learning but have started gathering.

You can get exhaust switches to toggle between two sets of pipes, so at least you wouldn't have to be loud all of the time.

But still, one should at least have the performance to back up all of that racket. So you'd better be running 9's if you're loud.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

You can get exhaust switches to toggle between two sets of pipes, so at least you wouldn't have to be loud all of the time.

But still, one should at least have the performance to back up all of that racket. So you'd better be running 9's if you're loud.

It doesn't take 9's to be loud one thing about horsepower is you can't really hide the sound of it especially a built V8 but you definitely don't need straight pipes on a street driven car.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I used to like straight piped vehicles until moving into the home that I had prior to buying our townhouse... My neighbor was a guy in his mid 70's that had a late 80's Chevrolet Cheyenne with built 350 in it. He would haul ass up and down the street in front of my house at all hours of the night with the exhaust screaming... Not to mention we lived on loose gravel roads...He was cool at 1st but then turned into a dick

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

OP, I don't know if you go to Wake Tech or not but there is a new tundra that the guy took his exhaust off and it sounds like a go-kart. It really depends on the car and your intent in doing so.

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire
- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gauge
Build Log: Click Here

Scores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw

i guess if you have a v8 with a good cam straight pipes are good. but unless its a track car why not just run mufflers and use turn downs when you race?

Meengreen how the hell did you cram a 6" turbo back on that and a 6" downpipe off the turbo? Only engine I've ever seen hold a 6" is a cummins and thats after a lot of fab work and only a 5" downpipe.

My 5.9 cummins is 4" turbo back straight pipe and I and everyone I've ever been asked by love the sound of an inline 6 diesel straight pipe. The engine is loud as shit anyway so the pipe doesn't add much volume unless I'm hard in the throttle. There are those dipshits that run around in their old beat up 90s model gasser that make it get a bad wrap but a nice clean hopped up engine im all for straight pipes.

Veryyyy highly doubt you have even a 5" downpipe on your truck (to meangreen)

4" sure.. 5" veryyyy highly doubt. Especially if its a stock turbo.

Brothers Cummins has a 4" DP to 5" exhaust.. Used to be a straight pipe with a stack.. Then went to a side pipe (since we tow the bass truck wanted to keep it soot free).. Wasn't all that bad unless you were next to a building. It is now back to a stack with a 5" mbrp muffler.. Nice a quite until your on it.. 12v ftw

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

i guess if you have a v8 with a good cam straight pipes are good. but unless its a track car why not just run mufflers and use turn downs when you race?

I daily with x pipe and resonators only with halfass turndowns before the axle, sounds amazing with mild setup I got

Fox, what is done to yours? I like the way yours sounded when I heard it at slamology. Only chebby I like that sounded respectable lol. Deep tone when you were revving/charging.

*06 330i - Sundern x12 - saz-3500*

*91 Foxbody V1 S-Trim Notch*

I daily with x pipe and resonators only with halfass turndowns before the axle, sounds amazing with mild setup I got

Fox, what is done to yours? I like the way yours sounded when I heard it at slamology. Only chebby I like that sounded respectable lol. Deep tone when you were revving/charging.

Jba headers to a magnaflow Ypipe and magnaflow high flow cat then 3" (I think..) To a pypes violator ( fuck everyone who uses a flowmaster hate them... They are like belly buttons ) then 3" to the side with a 4" tip. Gets loud when you really open it up

Used to be straight piped sounded very similar just a little louder though.

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

Archived