straight pipes, Is it ignorant?

i guess if you have a v8 with a good cam straight pipes are good. but unless its a track car why not just run mufflers and use turn downs when you race?

I daily with x pipe and resonators only with halfass turndowns before the axle, sounds amazing with mild setup I got

Fox, what is done to yours? I like the way yours sounded when I heard it at slamology. Only chebby I like that sounded respectable lol. Deep tone when you were revving/charging.

Jba headers to a magnaflow Ypipe and magnaflow high flow cat then 3" (I think..) To a pypes violator ( fuck everyone who uses a flowmaster hate them... They are like belly buttons ) then 3" to the side with a 4" tip. Gets loud when you really open it up

Used to be straight piped sounded very similar just a little louder though.

Haha this made me laugh. "Pypes violator"

Depends on the engine to me. Anything with less than 8 cylinders I dont want to hear it, built v8s I can listen to all day. My cars got the mufflers cut off for now and its not that loud unless I get on it, which is rare.

I personally hate straight pipes for most applications. Most of the time it is just a bunch of teenagers who like them because they piss everyone else off. In my opinion they sound so awful on a stock set up, especially when they start clapping. Now as for a built drag car, straights are a totally different story.

OP, I don't know if you go to Wake Tech or not but there is a new tundra that the guy took his exhaust off and it sounds like a go-kart. It really depends on the car and your intent in doing so.

hey we need to meet up i live in garner thats like 20 minutes from fuquay pm me

Build Log

1996 chevy suburban

2 zv4 15

kenwood excelon mids and tweeters

kenwood excelon deck

mevhman 370

3 batts all different

mechman avmb II

2 inch squat

33 inch muds

straight pipes

kixker zx series 4ch

sundown amps

memphis 0 gauge

soon to be fu audio c pillar wall

I know this will stir the pot. Ford racing makes a crate 4 cylinder that puts out 700 HP. I believe it is modular or modulated(something to that effect). Would the same no 4 cylinder rule apply there?

Still learning but have started gathering.

I run a straight 3 1/2 inch stack and 2 1/2 from header to bed. It's a bagged hardbody with a ka24e. Real low sounding for a 4 cylinder but can be obnoxious when floored. But I don't floor it often at all. I really could not fit a decent muffler between my frame and trans and keep it tucked above my frame.

Just do what makes you happy. But if you get popped, you can't blame anyone but yourself

Good lord sweet baby Jesus. Did you read the thread at all?

Bagged 1993 nissan hardbody

i don't mind loud exhaust but please don't get on it in a neighborhood that's just being a asshole and giving people with loud exhaust a bad name. i think straight pipes sounds better on built engines than anything.

Archived