Jump to content

3-Way Active: Woofer Low Frequency Protection


OrionStang

Recommended Posts

Posted

I am going to be running a true 3 way active front stage until I can afford new gear to add a subwoofer. I am using the Pioneer 80prs and Hertz tweeters, 3" mids, and 6.5" woofers. There is no subsonic filter built into the headunit, so how can I protect my 6.5's from frequencies under 55-60 Hertz? Would lowering all the EQ bands in the low range be sufficient? I don't want them to receive 30hz note at full volume LOL.

SMD Super Seller


My Feedback Thread

Posted

That's what I would do myself. What if you used the amp to cut those freqs off?

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

Posted

That's what I would do myself. What if you used the amp to cut those freqs off?

Didn't even think of using the amp crossover. Thanks.

My fucking brain just isn't working right the past few days LOL.

SMD Super Seller


My Feedback Thread

Posted

X2 on amp cross overs. I plan to use my amp to LPF a 200-60hz signal to the P3SD4-8s i plan to put in the kick panels. Signal jumped from pass thru on T400-2 for midrange driver which will be HPF on amp to run mids off 80-prs. Probly not coming out right but will be 3-way up front active - true TA

Posted

X2 on amp cross overs. I plan to use my amp to LPF a 200-60hz signal to the P3SD4-8s i plan to put in the kick panels. Signal jumped from pass thru on T400-2 for midrange driver which will be HPF on amp to run mids off 80-prs. Probly not coming out right but will be 3-way up front active - true TA

I hate to rain on your parade but with one pair of RCAs feeding both your 8" subwoofers and midrange drivers you will not have separate time alignment. Also, there are so many better drivers to use for midbass than shallow subwoofers.

Posted

if you amps crossovers don't work out for you, you can always put a non-polar cap inline.

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1322 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...