Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Sundown X15 Box design help


earthlyescape

Recommended Posts

Posted

Have you considered building inside? BTW the box you posted would be good on a DC level 4 with some fixing to the port area.

Posted

Have you considered building inside? BTW the box you posted would be good on a DC level 4 with some fixing to the port area.

I really want to be able to remove it from trunk if need be. I travel around regularly and need the space sometimes. I already have the X 15 got a good deal so didn't pass it up.

Posted

You maybe can still do a non rectangular box, since galant I have seen are wider towards the trunk and narrower towards the cabin.

Also none of my business but a good front stage would make 6x9s unnecessary if that gains you some box height.

Posted

You maybe can still do a non rectangular box, since galant I have seen are wider towards the trunk and narrower towards the cabin.

Also none of my business but a good front stage would make 6x9s unnecessary if that gains you some box height.

It wouldn't gain much, there is still metal and stuff in the way. Non rectangular might work but still pose the trouble of being able to get it into the car and this will be my first box build ever so I didn't want to complicate it too much. I have no idea how I would even begin to design that lol.

Posted

If you have to live with a smaller box, it would be relevant to know what amp are you going to use and what music do you listen.

Posted

If you have to live with a smaller box, it would be relevant to know what amp are you going to use and what music do you listen.

Right now it has the SAZ-1000d but I plan up upgrading that to something in the 2000 watt range soon. And I listen to a wide variety, Electronic, rap, rock. I was told that in a smaller enclosure the X Series can take more power. I do appreciate all the feedback.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2036 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...