Jump to content

$250K Speakers "Approved by 2Chainz"


Recommended Posts

Posted
b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Posted

I'd rather have Steve's shop stereo over that shit any day of the week.

UG_Kilgore.png

Posted

I got a pretty unique demo of these in Minneapolis. They had the speakers and a drum set in the same room.

You went in blindfolded, and they played five drum solos on the speakers and the drummer did five solos on the set, mixing it up. After each solo you were supposed to tell them if it was live or memorex. At the end they gave you your score. I had a 5/10. I had to guess each time, because I sure as hell couldn't tell the difference, and I've been playing drums for years.

I've never heard a speaker that was so incredibly dynamic. The sheer presence these things have is amazing. If I had $70k just laying around, I'd get a set of the smaller ones :)

$250k. Fuck that.

Posted

Spend some time at the Venetian in Vegas for CES and you will see and hear a shit ton of stuff you didn't know existed or could afford.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Posted

Ya but can it do hair tricks??? I know its probably amazing to the ears but $260k??

Lol

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

Posted

It's a cool concept having a 360° cone, cylinder technically, but McIntosh, velodyne, harmone kardone, denon, klipsch, Bose, jbl, polk, ect... all have comparable equipment when it comes to the sound quality

Posted

250k system in a room with no acoustic treatment. What a fucking joke.

You don't need to treat the room if the speaker design is correct for the application.

All you really need to know is the radiation patterns and the nodes and anti nodes of the room.

yeah it's the whole point to spending 1/4 mill on a system.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3062 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...