First Big Build: F150, 2 Fi Team 15s, AB 1100.1, Singer Alt and More

I am not. but ive been planning on this ever since I got the truck back in Feb of last year. I have just never had the funds. I am pre ordering the sq4500 and I am going from there. See I was going to use one of those bolts for a ground but when I went to loosen it, it some how got cross threaded and I had to take an impact wrench and box wrench to just to get it tight again. and me be anxious to get it done I didn't look and see where the bolt went. But I plan on removing the whole thing as well. And where did you bring your power runs in at. It looks like behind the passenger seat but I cant quiet tell.

08 Ford F150

very clean work here sir, finally able to sit down and check the build out. love it..

have fun in the cold lol. it was 70 here today

Thanks man.....getting closer and closer to being done.

It's been 40 the last two days....I was actually sweating a little working outside in my hoodie lol

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

#anothershittysingerbuild

Nothing much but here's the base for the amp rack (I had to change a few things since I found out the width of the amp is different than what is listed on ABs website. With beauty panels, it should still look nice and clean).

EDD1557B-9B65-4E89-93BB-3E39ECB81A91_zps

I also got the box "permanently" bolted to the rear wall today (no pics).....had to get some help (one person holding the nut and washer in place while the other reached inside the box to tighten the bolt.....lathered it up with loctite to prevent any loosening. This part was a pain.

And here's a picture I took just for fun (the 3k was in my old setup).

D0ACC18F-968E-4FAB-BE4E-BC00F7F14436_zps

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

• 3 weeks later...

Fuse holders ready to go and channels for power/ground runs cut out to keep things clean......

Power runs crimped and ready for install......

5B1D0049-89D0-4102-9781-3FB3324613B2_zps

116C7B7E-42B5-4817-8F39-FF871F988EBC_zps

Have any pics of the actual crimps??

I thought I took one but can't find any on my phone......I have more to do so I can throw some up.

I used a 10-ton hydraulic crimper I got off Amazon......used 50 and 70 mm dies. Those SHCA lugs are so damn big, had to use the 70s to shape them so they would fit into the 50s.

*Also, all of those are wrapped in electrical tape under the heat shrink B)

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

I thought I took one but can't find any on my phone......I have more to do so I can throw some up.

I used a 10-ton hydraulic crimper I got off Amazon......used 50 and 70 mm dies. Those SHCA lugs are so damn big, had to use the 70s to shape them so they would fit into the 50s.

*Also, all of those are wrapped in electrical tape under the heat shrink B)

Yeah, I did the same, 2 different sized dies

In an attempt to make a template for pre-drilling the sub mounting holes, I made a homemade compass with my jasper jig.....

E59076E8-A2E8-4867-A02C-F188607F2D19_zps

EB9EB9F6-5DAB-4F45-B79D-191C849A7174_zps

.......I thought it was a pretty good idea.

The compass worked great but I ended up failing with the final template for the holes......I didn't trust that it would match up perfectly.

Since I have to mount the subs vertically, I wanted to predrill the holes......looking back now, I should've done this with the box out of the truck before I secured the front baffle.....too late now.....lesson learned.

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

Archived