RooTxBeeR Posted October 30, 2014 Report Posted October 30, 2014 I have another topic about port and sub locations, but excluding that from the picture. I have never dealt with this woofer, and if I am not mistaken is a fairly new series. I have used several online calc's, and I just don't know if the port area is right. 30Sqin of port for that monster? I don't know. More info on where it's going so I can help you guys help me. It's going in the trunk of a dodge challenger, I don't know the exact dimensions off hand but when I did it before we had 7+cuft to work with. He is going to be running it off of a DD M4 at 1 ohm and I'm looking to figure out how much port area and box size would be good for this. Also with that, was thinking of aero ports, but then thought. This is around 5krms, can a small precision aero port handle that kind of force? Edit: I inputed the calc wrong, it says 176sqin of port lol Edit2: Daily build, not competing. Buddy said we would like to get metered, but I told him if he really wants to chase numbers, get this done first and work on that later. On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
SlamminBeats Posted October 30, 2014 Report Posted October 30, 2014 try 4 cubes min and up. Id personally do 4.5 tuned between 35-40 again Id personally do 37-39 probably at least 70 sq inch of port.
RooTxBeeR Posted October 30, 2014 Author Report Posted October 30, 2014 try 4 cubes min and up. Id personally do 4.5 tuned between 35-40 again Id personally do 37-39 probably at least 70 sq inch of port. Cool. Yeah I remember everytime I seen anyone post anything about the 9500 series, was high tunings. And still the ability to dip loowwww. On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
SlamminBeats Posted October 30, 2014 Report Posted October 30, 2014 try 4 cubes min and up. Id personally do 4.5 tuned between 35-40 again Id personally do 37-39 probably at least 70 sq inch of port. Cool. Yeah I remember everytime I seen anyone post anything about the 9500 series, was high tunings. And still the ability to dip loowwww. if your trying to play below 25, DD is not for you. Although I had one box that let me play 20 full tilt
RooTxBeeR Posted October 30, 2014 Author Report Posted October 30, 2014 try 4 cubes min and up. Id personally do 4.5 tuned between 35-40 again Id personally do 37-39 probably at least 70 sq inch of port. Cool. Yeah I remember everytime I seen anyone post anything about the 9500 series, was high tunings. And still the ability to dip loowwww. if your trying to play below 25, DD is not for you. Although I had one box that let me play 20 full tilt No not below 25, just 30+/-. On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
Cj Kumz Posted October 30, 2014 Report Posted October 30, 2014 I think you should do 4-5cubes. But on that power 4-4.5 cubes would be ok with around 60-70 sqin of port. Just set gains right with your amp and you will be fine,, and tuning 34-38 would do just fine Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
n8ball2013 Posted October 30, 2014 Report Posted October 30, 2014 I think 4 cubes is tops THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
GassenD Posted October 30, 2014 Report Posted October 30, 2014 try 4 cubes min and up. Id personally do 4.5 tuned between 35-40 again Id personally do 37-39 probably at least 70 sq inch of port. Cool. Yeah I remember everytime I seen anyone post anything about the 9500 series, was high tunings. And still the ability to dip loowwww. if your trying to play below 25, DD is not for you. Although I had one box that let me play 20 full tilt What would be a brand to play down low with authority just wondering for next build.. '97 Explorer2 Sundown SA 15's SQ 2200D Kinetik KHC1800 (Front) Kinetik KHC 2000 (Back) KnuKonceptz 1/0 OFC 130A Alt + Big 3
RooTxBeeR Posted October 30, 2014 Author Report Posted October 30, 2014 try 4 cubes min and up. Id personally do 4.5 tuned between 35-40 again Id personally do 37-39 probably at least 70 sq inch of port. Cool. Yeah I remember everytime I seen anyone post anything about the 9500 series, was high tunings. And still the ability to dip loowwww. if your trying to play below 25, DD is not for you. Although I had one box that let me play 20 full tiltWhat would be a brand to play down low with authority just wondering for next build.. sundown x's On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.