Insider Trading. This doesn't make sense.

Im doing training for work and im on a section discussing insider trading.

I understand that using non public information to make stock decisions is illegal, like if I found something out and told my famoly to biy or sell my company.

But why is it still insider trading when only involving yourself? Like if owned stock in my own company, and I were planning on buying another company in a take over.

As a result of the pending aquisition, stocks rose. What if I found out because I run the company that the agreement went south.

Im suppossed to just take the hit?? It makes no sense to do that, I didnt obtain the info illegally, im just doing my job. I didnt make the public buy my stocks, they did so upon their own speculation. So now that I know the deal is gonna fall out, im supposed to just lose money or I go to jail..

That doesnt make any sense

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

it makes sense. youre just looking at it small scale

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

no i mean, even at a large scale being the head of a company, why is it illegal to sell 1,000,000 shares of my own if my suppliers have come to me Q1 and say my costs are going to triple and because of that my company takes a crap?

I didnt conspire to make that happen. Why should I sit on my shares and ride em into the dirt?

I guess the rest of the shareholders are at a large disadvantage compared to me, with regards to making an informed decision, but am i supposed to just ignore what my supplier told me at least on a personal front?

I guess youre supossed to come out and anounce that the company is going down and then everyone loses i guess.

I understand how this could be maniulated with immoral intent, but there are some instances that arent that, and in those scenarios i guess ur just sol.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

nvm i guess its immoral, well i know it is. But in a basic scenario like this its really not. I found out my company is gonna go down, I get what i can. Imo its just a conflict of ideals. The stock market is built on capitalism, but not if you know something everyone else doesnt. Its just a very grey area, what is insider trading? When can i sell my shares? because as the head of company, technically i will always know something everyone else doesnt. so why even bother owning your own stock, but if you make it tradeable and dont own any stock, then you no longer own your company...

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

yea thats the only way to do it. But say, i just wake up and say damn im tired of working. Ill sell 50% of my shares, just because. But say last friday you had a down day. Or idk somebody quit or w.e.. They could come at you like ohh you knew something its insider trading. but in my opinion its not insider trading just because I work there, and friday was a slow day.

Just being bored in class..

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

yea thats the only way to do it. But say, i just wake up and say damn im tired of working. Ill sell 50% of my shares, just because. But say last friday you had a down day. Or idk somebody quit or w.e.. They could come at you like ohh you knew something its insider trading. but in my opinion its not insider trading just because I work there, and friday was a slow day.

Just being bored in class..

Then you sell your 50%, and never mention the person that tipped you off. Corruption LOL.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

You'll still got caught.

http://archive.fortune.com/2010/07/06/news/companies/ibm_insider_trading.fortune/index.htm

That stuff is watched so heavily you'd be amazed. That guy was the heir to throne at ibm. Done in by a woman. shocking I know. The reason its so regulated is you are using information that is not known to the public nor would you have known without the position of the person who divulged the information. It can actually impact the global economy.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived