jroo Posted November 2, 2014 Report Posted November 2, 2014 Wife had me cleaning up the attic and found an old box. I forgot I bought a set of credence clearance subs couple of years back cheap. Credence gave some very general box requirements and specs. Said could go in 0.5 sealed or 1 cube ported, but didnt giving tuning or port size. Looking at the specs, do either of these make sense or would you do something different? I will do something quick as a project with my 9 year old duing his winter break coming up. here are the specs Credence gave for the 2 10" subs I have: Power Rating RMS Cont. 250 WattsMax Power Rating-Unclipped Amp 350 WattsFreq Response 25-150 HzNominal Imp 8 OhmsVoice Coil 2" 4 LayerFS 25.18 HzQms 8.8040Qes 0.3579Qts 0.3439Vas 67.30 LitersCms 0.3994E-03 M/NRe 6.93OhmsBL 17.505 Newtons/AmpSd 0.034636 Sq. m.Mms 0.100017 KgHvc 0.980"Hag 0.375"Xmax 0.303"Xlin 0.605"Ref Eff 0.2885%Predicted Output 86.802 DB/1W/1M Power Rating RMS Cont. 250 WattsMax Power Rating-Unclipped Amp 350 WattsFreq Response 25-150 HzNominal Imp 8 OhmsVoice Coil 2" 4 LayerFS 25.18 HzQms 8.8040Qes 0.3579Qts 0.3439Vas 67.30 LitersCms 0.3994E-03 M/NRe 6.93OhmsBL 17.505 Newtons/AmpSd 0.034636 Sq. m.Mms 0.100017 KgHvc 0.980"Hag 0.375"Xmax 0.303"Xlin 0.605"Ref Eff 0.2885%Predicted Output 86.802 DB/1W/1M
hispls Posted November 2, 2014 Report Posted November 2, 2014 Which subs were they? New old stock of stuff they made in the 90's or their newer "CREDENCE" branded stuff?
jroo Posted November 3, 2014 Author Report Posted November 3, 2014 they are listed as Bostwick HD pros. I think the bostwick was also an Atomic model and one other company. My understanding credence built the sub and put different labels on the dustcap. When I look bostwick HD pros up online and see boxes people use, they are all over the map. I have seen large ported, sealed, 4th order. I might just do a sealed box to make life easy for my son and I
Motorboat KER Posted November 3, 2014 Report Posted November 3, 2014 For a sealed box 1.0 cubes after dispacement seems about right. Ported prolly around 2 tuned to 35hz since that is the general Hz for most daily boxes. Edit: if these are both dual 4 ohm are you wiring to 1 ohm? Edit edit: since the peak power is so close to the rms you gotta be careful when choosing an amp. I would say the rf prime 500 but rf normally puts out 150-200 more watts from personal experience.
Joe X Posted November 3, 2014 Report Posted November 3, 2014 So here is a suggestion for a trunk car, power: to 170W RMS per sub, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 2 1/4", figure is just an assembly guide, ignore the braces and 45s: NOTE: old subs with foam surrounds are likely ready to fail by now, keep power below rated and avoid playing well under tuning. I would just sell them but to build something just for fun then maybe ok.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.