Running Active Questions

MKivGTI

Briefly: Im not new to audio, but really want to kick things up a notch as far as loudness, and quality. Hence why I'm here!

I basically want to revamp what little is currently in my car. 6.5" Components Up front as well as in the rear. Moving On..

I'd like to run active on my new system. nothing has been ordered but I have been eyeing up some Hertz HSK 165 XLs.

My Question is: how much power can i send to each woofer and tweeter? Seeing as it's told what they can handle as a tweeter/woofer pair (and ignoring the fact of giving them more or less power than whats provided) How can i figure the rms power to the tweeter and woofer as just said. Im also asking this if i chose different components, not just the HSK 165s

I have run active before with some audio from parts express and was happy with where it was going, but after blowing the tweets and not being 100 percent happy, i want nicer components, and to properly run an active setup

i have those same HT28 tweeters. Right now, theyre on like 150wrms each, but turned down quite a few levels.

You wont need gobs of power for the tweeters

Mine keep up with 4 Pro Audio Mids on like 450-500wrms

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Archived