Second Skin Audio

Bracing with angle iron (thick...not the flimsy stuff)

magillaru

Never too many questions, IMO. However I am not familiar enough with how the keg jig works to answer your question.

As far as screws go, don't rely on them to maintain the strength. Use as few as you can to "clamp" the joints together while your glue/kitty hair/whatever else you use cures. This way you don't have to over do it with screws.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Never too many questions, IMO. However I am not familiar enough with how the keg jig works to answer your question.

As far as screws go, don't rely on them to maintain the strength. Use as few as you can to "clamp" the joints together while your glue/kitty hair/whatever else you use cures. This way you don't have to over do it with screws.

Yeah, started off planning on not using ANY screws but have kept them very limited only using them for the purpose that you mentioned.

If I don't do the angle iron, I may just glue some strips of wood along the joints and apply the kitty over that.....

Honestly, the angle iron seems like it will be more of a PITA than anything so I dunno.

Thanks for the help!

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

#anothershittysingerbuild

Agreed man! Good luck and post up some finished pics, the in-progress pics look great!

Thanks! I have a build log already started and trying to post updates daily: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/192804-first-big-build-2-fi-team-15s-1-ab-11001-singer-320-and-more/

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

Dont need angle iron in such a small box..

A lot of strength could of been added with interlocking your joints, but you didnt do that.

I did that for the sides and rear panels but not for the parts shown in the above pictures.....I definitely would change a couple things if I did it over.

(e.g. I wish I would've made that 3/4" inner port piece extend all the way to the front of the baffle....)

Makes a huge difference actually putting everything together vs. designing something in sketch-up.

Thanks for the input! And gladly accepting everyone's suggestions against the angle iron....really was not looking forward to messing with that.

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

Archived