WHy not long tubes?

Don't waste your money on TB spacers.

A new larger TB is a good buy.

Cold air kit helps, but try to find one that routes the intake tube/filter in front of the engine bay. CAI does no good if its sucking in hot underhood air.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

WHy not long tubes?

Don't waste your money on TB spacers.

A new larger TB is a good buy.

Cold air kit helps, but try to find one that routes the intake tube/filter in front of the engine bay. CAI does no good if its sucking in hot underhood air.

x2 on the longtubes. The only way shorty headers make you faster is by making your wallet lighter.

The spacer is an intake spacer not a TB spacer.

https://search.yahoo.com/search?ei=utf-8&fr=ytff1-&p=taylor%20vmax%20spacer&type=

http://www.taylorvertex.com/Products/pdfs/11011.pdf

the intake is so congested with the fuel spider in there it can barely breath. so this gives more room for better airflow by spacing everything up.

I picked shortys to build back pressure and create more Low end torque to get the big bitch moving..

i forgot to mention its a 1998 k 1500 suburban

Playing with a stock Vortec intake/injection system is pretty pointless. Real power gains can come when you switch to a marine intake setup.

That being said, a marine intake setup can go for $1k easily, and a junkyard 5.3 can be bought for $500...

Not saying don't stick with that old and outdated powerplant, because good and reliable can be made out of them. But what I am saying is that a LSx platform motor will respond better for each dollar you put into it.

http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/project-cars/sucp-1111-5-3l-ls-small-block-build/

Read that article, and do some googling on "budget 5.3 lsx builds"

Stock 5.3, bored out to 3.98 with factory LS1/LS6 pistons, stock truck intake, ported 243 heads from an LS2 or LS6, and a nice cam from any of the reputable shops can EASILY make 400 rwhp for $1500-2k. The Vortec 355 you have right now could be sold fairly quickly for $1k or more.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Playing with a stock Vortec intake/injection system is pretty pointless. Real power gains can come when you switch to a marine intake setup.

That being said, a marine intake setup can go for $1k easily, and a junkyard 5.3 can be bought for $500...

Not saying don't stick with that old and outdated powerplant, because good and reliable can be made out of them. But what I am saying is that a LSx platform motor will respond better for each dollar you put into it.

http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/project-cars/sucp-1111-5-3l-ls-small-block-build/

Stock 5.3, bored out to 3.98 with factory LS1/LS6 pistons, stock truck intake, ported 243 heads from an LS2 or LS6, and a nice cam from any of the reputable shops can EASILY make 400 rwhp for $1500-2k. The Vortec 355 you have right now could be sold fairly quickly for $1k or more.

X2

on the 5.3l..

PLUS there are meny turbo or supercharger kits available for the 5.3/4.8

X2

on the 5.3l..

PLUS there are meny turbo or supercharger kits available for the 5.3/4.8

most of the kits are double of what you'd spend piecing one together.

Hell it doesn't even have to be a 5.3. An iron block 6.0 truck motor is still in the LSx family of design. LQ4/9 with LS2 heads/pistons and a decent cam can be 400+ rwhp/500+ rw tq...for fucking cheap.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Archived