nicgraner Posted November 9, 2014 Report Posted November 9, 2014 Hey guys, obligatory first post yadda yadda, So I bought an 03 f150 in June and of course immediately went to put a system in and bought 2 SA10's and a kicker monoblock 1200w class D. The box it's in is only something like 0.85 cubes or maybe 1 cube when each sub needs about that much and I haven't been able to find any boxes larger. I'd love to build my own, just have no idea where to start. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
hispls Posted November 9, 2014 Report Posted November 9, 2014 Don't be afraid to build a box larger than "minimum" requirements. Space makes bass. If you post some max dimensions and pictures someone might have some plans that work. Do you own adequate woodworking tools to build a box? What's your level of comfort with woodworking?
nicgraner Posted November 9, 2014 Author Report Posted November 9, 2014 I'm not afraid whatsoever! And I have a table saw, circular saw, sawzaw and plenty of bench space. Not too familiar with building boxes but I'll see if I can upload pictures
boom50cal Posted November 9, 2014 Report Posted November 9, 2014 not afraid to go crazy? Wall that bitch just to get it done and out of the way. 4 15's flat wall, driver side port, prepare for teh loudz On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said: Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.
Joe X Posted November 9, 2014 Report Posted November 9, 2014 Post max dims for a box and a pic of your current setup.
nicgraner Posted November 9, 2014 Author Report Posted November 9, 2014 Heh, should've been more specific, I still need the second row! I was considering pulling the 40/60 bench and replacing with the 2 buckets and putting a box/console in the middle! And I'm out of town right now but I'll get the dimensions when I get home. Ive only had prefab boxes before this.
Aj11 Posted November 9, 2014 Report Posted November 9, 2014 are you planning on keeping your current gear? And with that room you might have 4 cubes to work with. seems like you Want Bass but not willing to give up space. Why not just pull the 60 part out and build a box there. we have to wait until you put new seats in to give you any measurements. jvc deck stinger 1800 front hc 2000 kinetic rear 2 runs of 1/0g big 3/4 ct 60.4 2 ct 1400.1 ct EXO 15 d1 lots of deadner type r comps front stage 6 kicker tweets rear stage lots of great stuff coming soon ho alt more bats ct comps for front stage more deadner sweet amp rack lots of L.E.D lights new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)
nicgraner Posted November 9, 2014 Author Report Posted November 9, 2014 Amp and sub wise yes. I plan on keeping it, but box wise I'll probably end up building a new one, I'll grab the measurements when I get home
boom50cal Posted November 10, 2014 Report Posted November 10, 2014 If you could find a totaled Harley Davidson suoercrre, rob those seats. Front and rear captain chairs. On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said: Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.