Ohio Generator alternators good output at idle?

After some searching i found someone on another forum that had posted the benchmark sheet that comes with all ohio alternators for the ford 3 g 275 amp alt (the model i am considering is 300 amps but same application)

thought id post it here to kinda end this thread and answer my own question. the 92 5.0 motor I have has a crank pulley 6 inches in diameter and both of these alts have 2 inch pulleys( I believe,not 100% sure on the dc) so you divide the alternator rpms on bench sheets by 3 to get the output at the respectable engine rpms

I believe my car is idling around the 800 rpm range currently but It is very easy to bump these idles up and I will prolly raise it to 1k rpms when i get a high output model in there

20130407015440.jpg

Here we have over 300 amps at 2 k engine rpms on the ohio with a very nice 259 amps at 1k engine rpms and this is the 275 amp variation (i suspect the 300 amp will do even better)

And here we have the biggest alternator available by dc power for the ford large case 3 g application

270-XP.png

As we can see here the dc power is doing a very nice 233 amps at 1 k engine rpms and a very respectable 263 amps at 2k engine rpms

both very nice. the ohio is 3 digits cheaper then the dc power.

I think i have made my decision on which alt to run.

Appreciate everyones input on my thread thanks alot guys!

you just posted something that proves our point.. the OG got its maximum at 600 more rpm. the DC turn on at a much lower rpm.. i dont know if you are blind are just too dumb to comprehend.. the DC was giving you max at 2500 rpm engine rpm the OG was giving max at 4000 rpm.. dont tell me you will be at the lanes revving your engine at 4k rpm to get 300 amps. also bumping your idle will hurt your gas mileage. in a few months you will spend more money on fuel than if you would have spent money on a good alt.. by the year you would spend even more fuel... your graphs dont even make me look at OG for my next alt and by it i see they are junk

edit: not engine speed but still takes less rpm to get the DC going over the OG alternator

also look at the idle amps.. the DC beats by almost 40 through the rpm range only till the alternator reaches 8k rpm is when the OG shines.. trust me when i say you want higher amps at lower rpm.. you dont want to sit at lights at 1.5k rpm just to stay at 13volts when you can save fuel and idle at 700 rpm and still get the same effect

maybe I am just dumb or blind but im seeing ohio generator max output at 6000 alternator rpms and the max output for dc is at 8000 alternator rpms

to me it looks like your the dumb one.

not sure where your seeing engine idle at 1500 rpms i said 1000

OG alternator test sheet dont even have 8 k rpms on it holy christ

Kenwood excelon ddx795

3 370 amp CES alternators (audio side only)           
       McLaren dome tweeters                                   Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos 
                                                 NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
                     4 Digital Designs m5's at .7 ohms each
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

3 group 31 agms                                       Ledglow million color (12 piece)

2007 Yukon xl

i dont know if this guy is trolling or not.. at most the DC will cost around $800 for a 320 amp for a 6 phase hairpin.. the OG will be around $450. add the tune to raise the idle rpm and there goes another $260.. the OG will be around $610 at that point then add the fuel for messing with the fuel and air curve to raise the rpm.. its crazy to see what people are willing to do to save a few bucks that in the end will cost more.. i dont grasp this logic

i also hate stupid threads that ask.. how will this gear do... get a few response then go, fuck you guys im still going against your experience

maybe I am just dumb or blind but im seeing ohio generator max output at 6000 alternator rpms and the max output for dc is at 8000 alternator rpms

to me it looks like your the dumb one.

not sure where your seeing engine idle at 1500 rpms i said 1000

OG alternator test sheet dont even have 8 k rpms on it holy christ

Fuck. Do what you want.

Why worry about us.

to raise rpm on this vehicle only have to unplug negative for a bit and turn screw on throttle body so will cost nothing but a bit of my own time

i like the dc power hairpin but for 800 bucks holy moly pretty thick for my blood i can get pretty similar performance for almost half the cost it seems

dont really see any reason to spend another 350 bucks

i appreciate the advice but not sure anyone would get the other 1 unless they have plenty of money. I work for my money, I pay bills/rent

if i had alot of money id have my dc power hairpin on the way

Kenwood excelon ddx795

McLaren dome tweeters                                   Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos 
                                                 NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

3 group 31 agms                                       Ledglow million color (12 piece)

2007 Yukon xl

Singer is the answer then.... hell dual large case 240 amp 3g's could be had for $850ish...better idle output than all the other choices. Utilize that smog pump bracket.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

You are telling me to shut up on a thread i made lol, are you 16 yrs old? nevermind dont answer that go troll elsewhere pal.

Kenwood excelon ddx795

NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

2007 Yukon xl

Singer is the answer then.... hell dual large case 240 amp 3g's could be had for $850ish...better idle output than all the other choices. Utilize that smog pump bracket.

No no no. Don't do SINGER..

I see, issues here. Go dc

Archived