Ohio Generator alternators good output at idle?

anyone have experience with the ohio gen alternators? got a decent quote on a 300 amp alternator from them was wondering if anyone has any experience with them and their output at idle, i know it will do 300 amps at 2k engine rpms.

Please let me know.

Kenwood excelon ddx795

3 370 amp CES alternators (audio side only)           
       McLaren dome tweeters                                   Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos 
                                                 NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
                     4 Digital Designs m5's at .7 ohms each
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

3 group 31 agms                                       Ledglow million color (12 piece)

2007 Yukon xl

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You want good idle output get an alt that is hairpin 6 phase.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I wouldn't use one of their alts if they provided it free and installed it as well, bunch of incompetent fucks who want to do nothing more than bash any other alt manufacturer.

And when I called them a couple years ago for a quote, it's always "We can make a 300A alt for that".

Because apparently 300A is their go-to answer for any alt you have questions on.

Apparently the reason I was having problems with my h/o alt from them was my fault because I had too big of power wire and the the big # is a waste of time and money.

Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD

Rockford Fosgate T5001 bd-cp

2 DC level 2 12's

Focal Access Components in the front

Focal Access Coax in the rear doors

Rockford Fosgate Punch Boosted Rail 4 channel rms 4x75

XS Power D3400 under the hood

Knuconceptz Ultra Fleks Power & Ground

I wouldn't use one of their alts if they provided it free and installed it as well, bunch of incompetent fucks who want to do nothing more than bash any other alt manufacturer.

And when I called them a couple years ago for a quote, it's always "We can make a 300A alt for that".

Because apparently 300A is their go-to answer for any alt you have questions on.

lol 300a. true.

Talked on the phone with Tom from ohio gen for nearly 15 mins today seemed very nice.

I had no idea who steve micks was til i looked him up on db drag, pretty nice bassrace scores, im sure he is using a bakers dozen of them.... lol

Seems like ohio gen alternators are in some pretty heavy duty competition vehicles, mine would be more for daily driving.

Ive asked around about the hairpins but havent found anyone who is able to make them for my application (ford large case 3g)

Kenwood excelon ddx795

McLaren dome tweeters                                   Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos 
                                                 NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

3 group 31 agms                                       Ledglow million color (12 piece)

2007 Yukon xl

Talked on the phone with Tom from ohio gen for nearly 15 mins today seemed very nice.

I had no idea who steve micks was til i looked him up on db drag, pretty nice bassrace scores, im sure he is using a bakers dozen of them.... lol

Seems like ohio gen alternators are in some pretty heavy duty competition vehicles, mine would be more for daily driving.

Ive asked around about the hairpins but havent found anyone who is able to make them for my application (ford large case 3g)

mechman or dc power?

Singer probably could get you set up. I have a ford small case six phase I think.

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

mechman quote at $599 for 6 phase 320 amper, pretty expensive

singer no phase 6 yet offer 250 amper tho $430

irraggi 280 amper $499

excessive amperage got 300 amper 490$

ohio gen have 300 amper price is better then most these other alts

Kenwood excelon ddx795

NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

2007 Yukon xl

Archived