Let me make sure I am following everything here.

1) Gains have been set on amp 1 using DD-1

2) You are now trying to use the CC1 to gain match amp 1 to amp 2

Agree... start from SCRATCH.

I can do this in under 20 seconds (running lane to lane)

I set the sub amps using the instructions in the DD1. After setting the amps right below distortion, I moved on to the CC1

why are you saying AMPS

set ONE using the dd1

then MIRROR the second with the cc1 off the master......

TURN the gain all the way down on the SLAVE amp. You READ the master, then SET the slave using the cc1

if you set both amps with the dd1, your high....

set the MASTER clean, READ it, then SET the slave...... done

Edited by KyLar96

Matching the gains of mulitiple amplifiers.
This procedure requires the CC-1 to be placed in a special mode reserved for SPL competitors and audiophiles.
1. Switch the CC-1 off by holding the OFF button for 1 second. (This must be done to initalize the program mode) Now switch CC-1 power on by pressing the ON button.
2. Disconnect the harness to make sure there is no signal being applied to the CC-1 and that the Signal LED is NOT illuminated.
3. Press and hold the READ button for 3-5 seconds or until the Set LEDs start flashing. Release Set button. CC-1 is now in competition mode!!
4. Next you need to connect the CC-1 to the “Master” amplifier’s outputs. Use the included harness to connect to amplifier’s outputs; Red to speaker (+) and Black to battery ground.
5. Set the source unit’s volume to zero. Select the track on the CD that corresponds to the desired frequency you wish to match gains at. If you don’t know which frequency to use try 40 Hz (track 10 Disc A) if it is a subwoofer amplifier, or 1 kHz (track 8 Disc B) if it is a full range amplifier. Play track on repeat.
6. Continue by turning up the source unit volume until you see the Signal LED illuminate green. If the LED turns red, this indicates the volume is too high. Turn volume down until LED remains green.
7. When Signal LED remains Green, press the READ button. The Blue Calibrated LED should illuminate.
8. Now without touching any adjustments on anything, connect the CC-1 to the output of the next amplifier that you wish to match it’s gain to the first amplifier.
9. The LEDs will indicate if the gain is too high or too low compared to the “Master” amplifier.
10. Adjust gain on the amplifier that the CC-1 is now connected to until the Calibrated LED illuminates. The amplifier’s gain is now matched to the Master amplifier’s gain within +/- 0.05dB !!
11. Repeat steps 9 – 11 for any other amplifiers in the system.

I don't think he's using the amps as master and slave. In which case you would set both with the dd-1.

Nope. He has 2 Crescendo S1500s which are not strappable amplifers.

Amp 1 needs to be set with the dd1 and then the cc1 needs to be used in competition mode to "gain match" amp 1 to amp 2.