Second Skin Audio

SA-12 Aero Port Help

mylesshivers

Hello, my max internal dimension are

h = 12.5

l = 29

w = 10.5

My subwoofer is an SA-12, form the research and googling I have done I have found that the xmax is 19 mm. one way and the displacement is .14 ft^3. I would like to tune it the the "all around/daily driver tune-age" @32 hz. The subwoofer will be powered by 1000 watts rms. If someone can determine if this is suitable and what the dimensions of my aero-port should be. Thank you.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

fuck aero port! go slotted port! lol

No

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

Hey with those dimensions your gross volume is 1.58 cubes and after woofer displacement that lives you with 1.44 cubes. Do a 4 inch port that's 23 inches long that should give you a tuning of around 32 hz with 10 sq inches per cube.

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Hey with those dimensions your gross volume is 1.58 cubes and after woofer displacement that lives you with 1.44 cubes. Do a 4 inch port that's 23 inches long that should give you a tuning of around 32 hz with 10 sq inches per cube.

Not a real way to determine correct port area.

How did you get the wolume to be 1.58? I got 2.2..
Sorry my bad I think I didn't get the 'internal dimensions' part. In that case I would do a slot port that's 12.5 High, 2" wide and 37" long. That will give you a 1.4 cube box tuned to 32hz.. On the aeros side a 6 inch port will have to be way too long to tune that low. 4 inch port would have low port area per cube. Unless you can find a 5 inch port @ 26" that gives you 1.7 cubes @ 32". But since you overpowering I think the slot is better

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Archived