Second Skin Audio

Downfire Boxes?

My dad built a downfiring box for his 90 ex-cab and it sounds pretty good.

yea i think im gonna try a downfire box first and if it sounds bad ill build somethin different i guess... im still just tryin to decide what to get for subs because price is a factor. im lookin at 12'' cvrs, mtx 4500 or jackhammers, and one of my friends is thinking about upgrading and selling me his 2 12'' jl w3v2 dvc 4 ohm. haha hope he decides to upgrade cuz id like to get my hands on those w3s

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

anyone know how the kenwood kfc w3011 12's are svc 4ohm rated 400 rms a piece... i have a kenwood amp so would these subs be better with the kenwood amp rather than some ,say... cvrs or mtx?

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

different brands mixing together doesnt matter, and those kenwood subs suck. my friend had some in his cavy and best buy installed them, they blew. he took them back and they said that they where not supposed to be in a ported box because of low xmax or something. and best buy installed it lol. cvr's are going to get loud, IMO dont sound the best. i liked the rockford p2 12" subs i had. check out woofersetc.com, they usually have some good deals on memphis subs or something else.

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

6 soon to be 12 12" hifonics hfi12d4's

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

i got 2 mtx 5500 15's ina down fire box below window line in my truck, i think its 4 cubes and it slams hard, ppl dont kno wtf is in it, i like downfire more cause it reminds me of how a car would act if the subs was faceing back, just make sure they are around 3'' off the ground if u build ur own box or the sub will hit the floor, my box has 4 chambers in it, 2 lil ones on the ends so i can run my wires threw and use my 6&1/2's as rear speakers, and 2 in the middle sealed devided wit the 15's in it, just make sure the deeper the box the deeper the sound, i found that out the hard way, but to big of a box and they sound like shit, and my buddy kevin put 2 of the pioneer shallow 12's ina lincon truck powered wit a mtx1501d and that shit was loud and hit mad lows, ied do the down fire it saves space and would be a bitch for someone to steal my subs, its gunna take me bout 6hrs just to change mine out to my mtx 8000's, and it gives a more cleaner look to, but if i was u ied make a trim piece wit a grill over were the sub sets off the ground so nothin goes back there and gets beat all to hell by the speakers, hope this has helped u in ur jorney on down fire sealed boxs, i was wantin to do a ported down fire but doesnt make much sence, mtx has some prebuilt for suv's to go behind the 3rd seat, but anywho thats my $.02

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Down fire boxes sound the best and get loud in extended cab chevy's but you are limited on mounting depth. If you fire them up you can go with a deeper sub. I usually do 1 upfire 12 on the driver side with the port firing out the passenger end.

Michael Hughes = 6X SPL World Champion - Loudest on the planet in db Drag, USACi, and IASCA.