FineVisionz Posted November 23, 2014 Author Report Posted November 23, 2014 Thats not enough space for a 12. I have seen 12in sub boxes that will easily fit at local car audio shops.
OrionStang Posted November 23, 2014 Report Posted November 23, 2014 15x24x9 is only 1.3 cubes. Now take out port and sub displacements. Sure you can put a 12 in there,,,, Lose the back seat if you really want bigger than an 8. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
deathcards Posted November 23, 2014 Report Posted November 23, 2014 thats not the point its not enough for a normal subwoofer you will have to find a shallow mount that can work with the small airspace skar sk2500.1 0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz alpine HUvxi65 components on BA gt-275new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821 2 x-15 sundowns singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps
RainStryke Posted November 23, 2014 Report Posted November 23, 2014 Yeah, shallow mount subs would be able to work. Alpine, Kenwood and Rockford Fosgate make some good ones from reviews i've seen.
FineVisionz Posted November 23, 2014 Author Report Posted November 23, 2014 Ok, lets say I got a normal box and just put it on my back seat. Is there anyway to secure it down so if I got in an accident it wouldn't fly around?
RainStryke Posted November 23, 2014 Report Posted November 23, 2014 Something like this: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/564333-rear-seat-truck-center-console-box-dubya-7-a.html
RainStryke Posted November 23, 2014 Report Posted November 23, 2014 Here is another one in post# 12http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/tacoma/86854-06-taco-extended-cab-stereo-upgrade/
FineVisionz Posted November 23, 2014 Author Report Posted November 23, 2014 Wow! Those look amazing! I just don't want to build my one box. I think I might be able to make a custom metal bracket that could attach from the seat mount just below the seat to the sub some how.
AlpineNut Posted November 23, 2014 Report Posted November 23, 2014 I personally have owned Crossfire DVC, Crunch Fatboy & WTP's, Kicker Comp 12's & 15's and a Solobaric L7 12in, Alpine TypeR & TypeS 12in, Pyle 12's, and my best ones so far were the Kicker L7 12in or the Alpine TypeR 12in. But some also good brands are Cerwin-Vega, Rockford Fosgate, Soundstreamm DC Audio, Earthquake & some others but i cannot recall the names. Some brands to stay away from are Kenwood, Boss, Pyramid, Sony, JVC, Pioneer, Power Driver. I have thought about trying the Lightning Audio sub 12in i won from Steve Meade's last as far as i know Amp Test Tuesday. But i am afraid i will blow it. 73456w9vbwevsdb sodtbsorutnvsd sdtuspdun sd d f gsdfiusd gdf n
FineVisionz Posted November 23, 2014 Author Report Posted November 23, 2014 When buying subs what is a good amount of ohms to look for?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.