Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

9512 DD Box Design


LukeMeadows

Recommended Posts

Posted

I just got another 9512 after my last one was stolen out of my truck about a month ago. The old one was in a pre-made box unfortunately. But I am going to build the box for this new one. I've heard a few different things on how much airspace it needs but I am still not 100% sure what is correct. I have a 2800 watt db drive monoblock amp and I have tons of space to use. Does anyone know what will produce the best sound quality and be the loudest at around 32Hz? I want very "boomy" bass. Thanks. All suggestions welcomed

Posted

All right... I think I found it:

http://dbdrive.net/product/a6-2800-1d

Looks exactly like the quantum audio site... they are also at the same address. lol

It's going to be hard to recommend what size enclosure you are going to need based on the power you are going to throw at it, since I have no idea if those amplifiers get anywhere near rated power before clipping.

For a generic recommendation with about 1000w RMS in mind, i'd suggest a box around 3FT³

Posted

How are you wiring your amp 1 or 2 ohms? Depending on the power you will be fine with 2-2.5 cubes. But like Rainstryke I'm also not sure about it doing rated power.

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Posted

OP if you don't mind bass being a little boomy you can go to 2.75 net easily, that amp is not rated RMS so expect half of that if lucky.

Posted

9512s love smaller boxes ;)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 1 Anonymous, 6115 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...