Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Help w/ box design in a 2012 Wrangler Unlimited


sickJKU_12

Recommended Posts

Posted

2014-11-252219241_zps694f5166.jpgI do have a box and a recently locked up MTX 5512-44. I do not know what happened to it. One day i was cruising then all of a sudden the bass stopped and when i touched the sub it was tight will no possible flex at all. The current box I have is from my first sub that got fried, it was a box/sub combo from crut**fi**ld and it was the Polk DXI 112. The dimensions on that box are: 17-3/8"W x 15"H x 18-1/2"D1 x 15-1/2"D2. It does have a side port that opens to the right if you are looking at the picture. I just did not know if this box was too big for the Alpine Type S I want to buy.

Posted

I was just building an enclosure for 2-8's for my JKU it will go width of trunk I got 9H x 40W x 10 or 11 D with seperated port wall 2 ports at 7.5 and .5 with either 12-14 of port length this would put in the range of 32-34 hz tunning freq. This enclosure would work to be moved forward when placing the seats down toward the front cab.

Posted

Post a pic of the area you are placing the box and max dimensions you have for it.

I posted a picture for you to check out and on one of the last replies I provided the max dimensions. If you need anything else please let me know. Thx!

Posted

just put it in that box n call it done

Kenwood excelon ddx795

 3 370 amp CES alternators (audio side only)           
       McLaren dome tweeters                                   Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos 
                                                 NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
                     4 Digital Designs m5's at .7 ohms each
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

                              3 group 31 agms                                       Ledglow million color (12 piece)

2007 Yukon xl

 

Posted

Post a pic of the area you are placing the box and max dimensions you have for it.

I posted a picture for you to check out and on one of the last replies I provided the max dimensions. If you need anything else please let me know. Thx!

So here is a suggestion, power: to sub(s) rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 2", figure is just an assembly guide:

sws12d4.jpg

1SFPFno45s_zps74ec662c.jpg

Posted

Post a pic of the area you are placing the box and max dimensions you have for it.

I posted a picture for you to check out and on one of the last replies I provided the max dimensions. If you need anything else please let me know. Thx!

So here is a suggestion, power: to sub(s) rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 2", figure is just an assembly guide:

sws12d4.jpg

1SFPFno45s_zps74ec662c.jpg

Would recommend a sealed box or ported one?

Posted

Ported for sure, sealed is mostly for lacking space to do ported and some all out SQ applications.

Posted

Post a pic of the area you are placing the box and max dimensions you have for it.

I posted a picture for you to check out and on one of the last replies I provided the max dimensions. If you need anything else please let me know. Thx!

So here is a suggestion, power: to sub(s) rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 2", figure is just an assembly guide:

sws12d4.jpg

1SFPFno45s_zps74ec662c.jpg

Would you recommend a sealed box or go with this design?

Posted

I would down fire in a jeep. and then line x the box etc so the back could still be used

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 5614 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...