Will this be good enough?

I didn't choose to buy the 2200. I was kinda stuck with it. I was going to buy the 3500 on Black Friday but they went out of stock. I was gonna do two hdc318's and a 3500. But the 3500's ran outta stock and back order was fine with me but soundqubed never returned my call or email until today which is fine, I understand they were super busy and I should've shopped earlier but I hadn't got paid until they were gone. .5 nominal will rise guys. Hopefully to where it's floating around 1. I know a couple guys very familiar with soundqubed gear and from the black nasty himself, AMI customs says they'll run on .5 daily. First big build and trying to get it 100% right. By running efficient I mean feeding it the amperage it needs to operate at .5. Not that the amp itself will run at 99% efficiency on .5.

test tones are okay at .5 ohms music is dynamic. dont get mad when your amp goes into protect. also dont bash the company when it happens.. if the amp hasnt been ordered call them and have them back order the 3500 for you with the same deal.. plus SQ is not the only option. i think crescendo had a sell on the BC amps i think it was 20% off

no not every time. but why risk it

there is no reason to do it for a daily setup. plus there is more options to go with. wanted more power then buy bigger amp. thats the logic

Wow,

Op what everyone is telling you is that if you have yo ask don't do it. The question itself makes it obvious that you don't have the knowledge or exp needed to do it.

So with that said buy a second 2200, wire both to 1ohm nominal and wait for the box to rise (or bolt it down so it doesn't rise).

That or be realistic and realize no one will tell you to do I because they don't want to be responsible for your equipment going up in smoke from your lack of on knowledge and experience.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

sounds like way to many batteries for that setup. alot of extra weight n spaced used up too

and money, batteries only last so long so why have a bunch of em when you dont need em they will all go bad eventually neway

not sure how many batteries ur running sounds like 4 to me i think 1 xs with a factory battery and ur ho alt would be enuff

Kenwood excelon ddx795

3 370 amp CES alternators (audio side only)           
       McLaren dome tweeters                                   Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos 
                                                 NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
                     4 Digital Designs m5's at .7 ohms each
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

3 group 31 agms                                       Ledglow million color (12 piece)

2007 Yukon xl

Wow,

Op what everyone is telling you is that if you have yo ask don't do it. The question itself makes it obvious that you don't have the knowledge or exp needed to do it.

So with that said buy a second 2200, wire both to 1ohm nominal and wait for the box to rise (or bolt it down so it doesn't rise).

That or be realistic and realize no one will tell you to do I because they don't want to be responsible for your equipment going up in smoke from your lack of on knowledge and experience.

So, this would be a good time to inform me of things I need to know. What do I need to know before wiring that low? Yes it stresses the amp. Yes you need to have good voltage, yes I need to measure the resistance of each coil (could be 1.8, could be higher) 1.8 woul drop it lower which I don't need. Box rise is gonna be in play. So the amp may not ever see .5. Or is something else going on when you play tones? Why does box rise not matter in a daily setup?

I'd run what you're going to, on Big 3 upgrade and an one additional Group 31 battery. Upgraded under hood battery to the biggest that can fit, plus a G31 would be enough for music in a daily.

You referring to box rise(no such thing it's called impedance rise) tells me you're over thinking this. YOU don't need to worry about impedance rise in a daily application. Not many guys on this board truly need to worry about it either, there's a small group that it applies to and they are hardcore competitors where every tenth matters.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived