mcfalcon Posted December 1, 2014 Report Posted December 1, 2014 4 DC M3 8s but im a DC nuthugger Still learning but have started gathering.
Guest Posted December 1, 2014 Report Posted December 1, 2014 I've heard good things about Morel, but I am not sure about JBL or Pioneer. The JBL MKII looks good, but is it not overpriced at all? Almost $400 bucks for seemingly just a name brand sub that can only handle 700wmrs. Forgive me if I am wrong. If anything JBL is one of the best pioneers of the entire industry and out of anyone's products I would trust theirs the absolute most. If you get the MKII you will most certainly not be unhappy. Ok awesome! It is just at that price, I would only be able to get one sub and I would be hesitant to push more than 700wrms into it. I would like to get at least 1000wrms in my setup.
gckless Posted December 1, 2014 Report Posted December 1, 2014 I've heard good things about Morel, but I am not sure about JBL or Pioneer. The JBL MKII looks good, but is it not overpriced at all? Almost $400 bucks for seemingly just a name brand sub that can only handle 700wmrs. Forgive me if I am wrong. If anything JBL is one of the best pioneers of the entire industry and out of anyone's products I would trust theirs the absolute most. If you get the MKII you will most certainly not be unhappy. Ok awesome! It is just at that price, I would only be able to get one sub and I would be hesitant to push more than 700wrms into it. I would like to get at least 1000wrms in my setup. I'm telling you, that sub will take more than that with no issues. If you wanna start with 700, cool, but once you feel safe with that, you can turn it up. That sub will take that whole amp that you have. "Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand. My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/ High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography
Souldrop Posted December 1, 2014 Report Posted December 1, 2014 My vote is for the CSS SDX12. Haven't heard that one personally, but love xbl^2 subs. Sitting on 7 xbl^2 motors/subs right now. That one should give you SQ. Some people don't like the sound of pure SQ subs though. 1997 Lexus ES300 HU - Pioneer MVH 7350 Processor - Helix DSP Front Stage - JBL P660C Mid/high amp - Alpine PDX-F4 Subs - 1 IA Death Penalty 12 Sub Amp - Cactus Sounds PF300.1
Souldrop Posted December 1, 2014 Report Posted December 1, 2014 Also want to say it's 1000W RMS. I contacted them a few months ago, but lost their reply. 1997 Lexus ES300 HU - Pioneer MVH 7350 Processor - Helix DSP Front Stage - JBL P660C Mid/high amp - Alpine PDX-F4 Subs - 1 IA Death Penalty 12 Sub Amp - Cactus Sounds PF300.1
Guest Posted December 1, 2014 Report Posted December 1, 2014 Also want to say it's 1000W RMS. I contacted them a few months ago, but lost their reply. Awesome! Thanks for the info!!
Souldrop Posted December 1, 2014 Report Posted December 1, 2014 It wouldn't hurt to double check. It was a few months ago lol. The power handling is somewhat lower than other drivers because the coil isn't as large due to xbl^2, but should still be a solid performer. It ends up being an efficient driver with a flat BL curve. I personally prefer efficient drivers. 1997 Lexus ES300 HU - Pioneer MVH 7350 Processor - Helix DSP Front Stage - JBL P660C Mid/high amp - Alpine PDX-F4 Subs - 1 IA Death Penalty 12 Sub Amp - Cactus Sounds PF300.1
Krakin Posted December 1, 2014 Report Posted December 1, 2014 4 DC M3 8s but im a DC nuthugger Don't comment here again. Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
Miguels Posted December 1, 2014 Report Posted December 1, 2014 4 DC M3 8s but im a DC nuthugger Don't comment here again. that made me laugh lol my logshttp://www.stevemead...-my-new-set-up/my blow through loghttp://www.stevemead...future-updates/ 96 ss http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164094-96-impala-ss-build/
Krakin Posted December 1, 2014 Report Posted December 1, 2014 OP: You won't hear a difference between 700W and 1kW RMS. You might hear a SLIGHT difference between 700W and 1,400W. Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.