quincyj34 Posted December 2, 2014 Report Posted December 2, 2014 Ok so Ill start with what I have. 92 F150 ext. cab, upgraded alt and wiring, Aq 1200d in the mail. Im looking at building a box that sits on the back seat like a center console so I can still have two people sit back. I have the design just need to know what I should put in it.I can get a about 3.0cu out of the max dimensions I have to work with and looking to tune anywhere from 32-35hz. The subs Ive been looking at are Sundown x12, Fi bl 12, or Sa-15. This will never be burped or anything like that but I do like some good bump. I listen to mostly rap and dubstep. Anyone have any suggestions? Here is a side view of the box: Im thinking both the sub and an aero port firing up. L=25in ______________ | | | | H=12in | _________| Total height=22in | | | | L=15in |_____| Width of the box max is 20in
alaskanzx5 Posted December 2, 2014 Report Posted December 2, 2014 A box on a seat will cause the seat to absorb output just to let you know. With that said. Figure out the inside volume with 3/4" wood. If that is the 3cuft then a single 12 or 2 8s. Remember the port, sub, and bracing all decrease net volume. If you're at 3cuft net with no sub(s), port, or bracing a 15" just wont work. t1500bdcp 2 t2d4 15" 1 t600.4 1 t400.2 1 set p1 tweets singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.
quincyj34 Posted December 2, 2014 Author Report Posted December 2, 2014 A box on the seat is pretty much the only way to go with this truck. And with the width at 20in after sub and port displacement the net volume is 3.50^3
bbeljefe Posted December 2, 2014 Report Posted December 2, 2014 I only came up with 3.05 cubes with the dimensions you gave. Out of the subs you listed, I don't think you'll have much luck getting a proper vent located in the box along with the sub. I'd stick with a 10 or maybe two 8s, as was mentioned, because you're going to need a lot of vent area with the listed subs and you don't really have a way to make a long ass vent work in those confines. Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc Instagram: audioanarchyllc Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe
quincyj34 Posted December 2, 2014 Author Report Posted December 2, 2014 That's odd. 25x20x12 for the top part came up as 2.64 then the bottom 10x20x10 came up as .77. That's 3.41 gross volume. I don't know I got 3.50 net
reedal Posted December 2, 2014 Report Posted December 2, 2014 Just an idea for you, would you be able to find some captain seats to fit in the back instead of a single bench? That would free up some space i would think, give you the two seats you want, and you could build a box to fit between them firing up or forwards with adequate space for a good 12 after displacements i would think SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
bbeljefe Posted December 2, 2014 Report Posted December 2, 2014 I subtract two inches from each measurement when I figure rough calculations, as that usually accounts for vent displacement and gives a more accurate assessment of what the sub will actually have to work with. Of course, you also have to account for sub displacement but that's kinda hard to do when you don't know what sub you're using, lol. Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc Instagram: audioanarchyllc Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe
quincyj34 Posted December 2, 2014 Author Report Posted December 2, 2014 3.05 should be plenty for a 12 right ?and I could do a 6in aero sitting in the long side of the box to give me room for a long port or am I wrong?
bbeljefe Posted December 2, 2014 Report Posted December 2, 2014 Depends on the sub you use. 6" should be enough vent area for the Fi but I'm not sure about the X. Also, it's gonna have to be pretty long so... Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc Instagram: audioanarchyllc Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe
quincyj34 Posted December 3, 2014 Author Report Posted December 3, 2014 Would this be easier to do a sealed enclosure? I believe I can do a ported box but I don't know how much is enough for each sub
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.