sicrides6 Posted December 3, 2014 Report Posted December 3, 2014 I noticed ppl building there own subs. Are these just reckoned or can you order motors and baskets somewhere online. Seems like something I would be interested in. So the ? Is what companies sale sub parts to the public.
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted December 3, 2014 Report Posted December 3, 2014 I'd suggest you do research before you get into this it's not just like you can buy whatever parts slap them together and presto you just built a sub. If you can't even find the parts I seriously doubt you're ready to build a sub from nothing. That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
sicrides6 Posted December 3, 2014 Author Report Posted December 3, 2014 I have resurounded subs in the past but never actually built subwoofers mainly was just curious so that I could look at the website and see what is offered out there so I could actually do some research on the subject. I know ( fix my speaker ) and psi sale parts but was curious as to if there was other sites. I by no means am thinking of just launching head first into trying to build my own sub right off the bat its just I thought that I was kicking around and was really wanting to try to learn more about the subject. any help would be appreciated
hispls Posted December 3, 2014 Report Posted December 3, 2014 Best bet is to find softparts for sale on forums or find a good source. Buying overpriced parts from PSi won't get you very far... in fact unless you make some good connections you will likely be able to buy complete subs for less.
Motorboat KER Posted December 3, 2014 Report Posted December 3, 2014 Best bet is to find softparts for sale on forums or find a good source. Buying overpriced parts from PSi won't get you very far... in fact unless you make some good connections you will likely be able to buy complete subs for less. Sundown recone kits work for some applications. I am reconing an Infinity 1262w with a e12 kit
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.