Sundown Audio

Richard Clark $10,000 Amplifier Challenge

Hotdog

Yeah but it can't be set with the dd-1 because he clearly states that they must be at the same exact power level and we dam well know that cheap amp isn't going to put out the same power as the Rockford.

I think the cc-1 would be needed for this so you could set the cheap amp then gain match the Rockford to it.

I have a cc-1, as well.

The cc-1 only matches voltage, so how do we know that both amps are putting out the same power, at said voltage.

That's true plus the Rockford will have way more headroom but you're going to have to find some way to match the output power exactly or the test isn't the same.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Yeah but it can't be set with the dd-1 because he clearly states that they must be at the same exact power level and we dam well know that cheap amp isn't going to put out the same power as the Rockford.

I think the cc-1 would be needed for this so you could set the cheap amp then gain match the Rockford to it.

I have a cc-1, as well.

The cc-1 only matches voltage, so how do we know that both amps are putting out the same power, at said voltage.

That's true plus the Rockford will have way more headroom but you're going to have to find some way to match the output power exactly or the test isn't the same.

AMM-1 might work to match output power.

Or, could I simply measure and match the output voltage at the speaker outputs of each amp.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

I have no clue man this one's above me as to how you would match it perfectly no matter what.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

DD-1 the cheap amp check the voltage output with mulitmeter.

Set fosgate amp at same voltage out.check fosgate with DD-1 make sure not clipping.

Exactly, if you match output voltages then they will make the same power.

And as for "the Rockford will have more headroom" that's basically the hypothesis of this experiment, that headroom doesn't matter. So you couldn't tell the difference between a Rockford 15kw and a 500w boss amp as long as they are set to make the same unclipped power/voltage and are tested to bypass or eq-away any internal bass boost or other nonlinear frequency responses.

I've gotten a blowjob and picked up my iphone behind her back to see what email notification I got from smd before

Yeah but if something changes the input vvoltage the power output of the amps will not go up exactly the same.

Archived