Second Skin Audio

sealed box

medwards420

I cant tell you how its going to sound no one really can answer that for you but if you had a properly built ported enclosure the sealed will not be as loud I can guarantee you that.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

It'll be ok in terms of output with a sealed prefab, but you'll notice a huge difference with a properly built ported enclosure.

But to answer your initial question, you'll still have trunk rattling issues with a sealed box. Buy some deadener and deaden the fuck out of your trunk and license plate. That OR (as Orionstang mentioned) fold your back seats down, face the box forward and seal off the front of the sub box from the trunk so all of the output is firing into the cabin.

My Channel on YouTube. Check it out for cinematic-style Car Audio videos.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcSMhtT-rpopJbdybubDgnQ

New 2014 Scion TC 4th Wall Build

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/217173-2014-tc-4th-order-build-3-fi-sp4-15s/

I know a decent amount about sealing the box from the trunk to stop cancellation and rattles...but does the direction the subs face make any difference as long as they are sealed? Let's say the area of the trunk directly behind the seat is not tall or wide enough to fit two 15's for example. Could you accommodate by tilting them back and face them slightly together to make sure they fit or would that cause problems? I know one downside to that would be having to route the port/ports through the rear deck. Also does anyone know if cancelation exists in vehicles other than sedans and other cars?

Archived