sbg Posted December 9, 2014 Report Posted December 9, 2014 Long story short I did a install in a 05 impala today.(deck, sub, amp, 6x9s in rear and 6 1/2s in front doors) Had to pull out the back seat and rear deck cover, and door panels, aside from that was a run of the mill install. I don't know why but I felt it took me far to long to do this. I just wanted to know how long do you think YOU would have took to do this install. 01 focus se 110 amp alt Big 3 sky high and stinger hpm ofc 1/0 Super start platinum AGM (starting) 2 runs of 1/0 Execution audio front to back Kenwood double DIN DDx271 A pillars- orion 4" super tweeter and 2-1" alpines. Orion xtx 64 in the front doors 2:1 4th order bandpass Sealed off trunk Digital designs deadener on roof/ rear deck Orion hcca 12s (black coils) Orion xtr3700.1 Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs All sky high 1/0 in trunk dual runs(power/ground) Sky high dual 1/0 inputs 2 xs power D3100 in back Sky high batt blocks Rose audio batt blocks Stinger volt meter All sky high 1\0 fuse and holders Db link remote/ rca
boometro Posted December 9, 2014 Report Posted December 9, 2014 it would take me about 4 hrs maybe less.
2loud4uboyz Posted December 9, 2014 Report Posted December 9, 2014 If your doing it right, which I believe you did. Not bad in my book.
sbg Posted December 9, 2014 Author Report Posted December 9, 2014 If your doing it right, which I believe you did. Not bad in my book. Yes all done in the right way, and clean. Took me 4 1/2 hours. L 01 focus se 110 amp alt Big 3 sky high and stinger hpm ofc 1/0 Super start platinum AGM (starting) 2 runs of 1/0 Execution audio front to back Kenwood double DIN DDx271 A pillars- orion 4" super tweeter and 2-1" alpines. Orion xtx 64 in the front doors 2:1 4th order bandpass Sealed off trunk Digital designs deadener on roof/ rear deck Orion hcca 12s (black coils) Orion xtr3700.1 Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs All sky high 1/0 in trunk dual runs(power/ground) Sky high dual 1/0 inputs 2 xs power D3100 in back Sky high batt blocks Rose audio batt blocks Stinger volt meter All sky high 1\0 fuse and holders Db link remote/ rca
RainStryke Posted December 9, 2014 Report Posted December 9, 2014 I have only worked on my own cars and a few of my buddies... It would probably take me about 6-8 hours to do that.
Kyblack76 Posted December 9, 2014 Report Posted December 9, 2014 about 15 beers... SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
Phaeton Posted December 9, 2014 Report Posted December 9, 2014 doing everything the 100% no corner cut way, maybe 6 hours. If i want ghetto shit then maybe 3 hours. 1997 subaru legacy outback Four 15's in a almost wall Rockford Fosgate t2500-1bdcp Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on tweets Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on highs Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midrange Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midbass Optima Yellow top batteries 270A Singer alt (working on a bracket for a second) Lots of Second Skin
ROLEXrifleman Posted December 9, 2014 Report Posted December 9, 2014 without having to deal with wife and kids, strictly working 2.5 hours dealing with the reality that I don't work at a shop anymore, and I can't go 30 minutes without being asked a stupid question or asked to do something else, 5 hours Rolex you sicken me. Just let me finish my pie ~ Juice
sbg Posted December 9, 2014 Author Report Posted December 9, 2014 See thing is I just started working at a shop about 2 months ago. The 2 other guys I work for that also install. Can get that work done in about 2 1/2 hrs time and do a clean job. They didn't say nothing to me about how long it took me, but I feel pressure because they are so fast and good at what they do. Both guys have been installers for 25+ years.. 01 focus se 110 amp alt Big 3 sky high and stinger hpm ofc 1/0 Super start platinum AGM (starting) 2 runs of 1/0 Execution audio front to back Kenwood double DIN DDx271 A pillars- orion 4" super tweeter and 2-1" alpines. Orion xtx 64 in the front doors 2:1 4th order bandpass Sealed off trunk Digital designs deadener on roof/ rear deck Orion hcca 12s (black coils) Orion xtr3700.1 Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs All sky high 1/0 in trunk dual runs(power/ground) Sky high dual 1/0 inputs 2 xs power D3100 in back Sky high batt blocks Rose audio batt blocks Stinger volt meter All sky high 1\0 fuse and holders Db link remote/ rca
RainStryke Posted December 9, 2014 Report Posted December 9, 2014 See thing is I just started working at a shop about 2 months ago. The 2 other guys I work for that also install. Can get that work done in about 2 1/2 hrs time and do a clean job. They didn't say nothing to me about how long it took me, but I feel pressure because they are so fast and good at what they do. Both guys have been installers for 25+ years.. I think they understand... they've been installing since you were under 3 years old in this world.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.