I think I finally understand the gun argument

The person trying to murder other people will find a way without using guns. Timothy McVeigh for example.

The main reason right now to ban guns is because of all of the school shootings/theater and so on.

Those shootings in gun free zones? But why didn't the shooters read the signs and turn around knowing they were breaking the law? Maybe those places were picked because they were deemed a soft target.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Alos how many school shootings and such have we had and how mNy lives lost. How many were killed in car accidents drunk driving a and my personal favorite bus crashes.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

Oh also look up the countries with restrictive gun control where hey have a booming underground home made gun trade. I think they did a huge article on the Philippines. If someone wants something bad enough they'll find a way to get it. We don't need more gun control. We need to actually punish those who are caught breaking gun laws and hit them with the max.

For quite a while, I use to agree with this exact sentiment. Now after quite a bit of reading, I've discovered that most research disproves the idea that higher punishment = higher deterrence of violent crime..

Punishment may work with rational people, but irrational psychopaths, we need more mental health options. Our country would be much safer with more spent on mental health and less spent on prisons.

BTW, I'm very pro gun. If it isn't clear, I don't think guns are the problem, I think people are the problem.

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

Oh also look up the countries with restrictive gun control where hey have a booming underground home made gun trade. I think they did a huge article on the Philippines. If someone wants something bad enough they'll find a way to get it. We don't need more gun control. We need to actually punish those who are caught breaking gun laws and hit them with the max.

For quite a while, I use to agree with this exact sentiment. Now after quite a bit of reading, I've discovered that most research disproves the idea that higher punishment = higher deterrence of violent crime..

Punishment may work with rational people, but irrational psychopaths, we need more mental health options. Our country would be much safer with more spent on mental health and less spent on prisons.

BTW, I'm very pro gun. If it isn't clear, I don't think guns are the problem, I think people are the problem.

More mental health options I do not agree with

We do not understand the brain like we think we do. Trying to fix something we don't quite get is a losing battle. You can't force someone to be sane. Some just aren't

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

While I agree with you can't punish a psycho you can punish him the first time he gets caught as a felon in possession of s firearm. We also need to make prison hard again. They've got it better in jail than most do at home. As for the mental health options. The link I posted above about the link between the school shooters and mass shootings is that they were all in the care of a doctor of some sort who had prescribed psychotropic drugs.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

While I agree with you can't punish a psycho you can punish him the first time he gets caught as a felon in possession of s firearm. We also need to make prison hard again. They've got it better in jail than most do at home. As for the mental health options. The link I posted above about the link between the school shooters and mass shootings is that they were all in the care of a doctor of some sort who had prescribed psychotropic drugs.

IIRC, in many of the instances the people were off their medicines at the times of the shootings, correct?

Harsher punishments don't result in better outcomes. Since Reagan we have increased punishments, and it has had negative outcomes. We are no safer from violence, we haven't decreased drug use, and we've only increased income disparity.

More mental health options I do not agree with

We do not understand the brain like we think we do. Trying to fix something we don't quite get is a losing battle. You can't force someone to be sane. Some just aren't

Not all people with mental health problems are insane. If fear of punishment doesn't deter murderers, why would we not explore mental health options?

If you check our countries that don't take such a "harsh on crime" approach, they actually have better outcomes than us!

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

I'm not sure if they were off or not. I'd have to talk to my wife about the side effects of going off mess once you've been made to take them. There are far too many people who go off the mess and then go off the reservation to be coincidence imo.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

the only thing is, i want to be armed the day im in a situation where i would need it. regardless if that person has mental problems or not.. you will never stop illegal guns or mental people from getting their hands on it.. its better to stop the threat where it stands than to give that person a free pass like gun free zones.. you cant stop the unavoidable and if guns get banned you will see a huge demand in the black market which will render the gun ban useless. more black market guns more gun crimes

and honestly i would feel safer if more law abiding citizens would carry, that includes schools and government buildings. that gives us the better odds against criminals and mental ill person

ban gun ban zones. thats where most shooting happen.. drug free zones dont stop dealers from dealing, gun free zone dont stop criminals from shooting people. it only leaves the innocent vulnerable

Archived