Sonic Electronix

engine ground to chasis

We've derailed the shit out of this thread. Isn't this the 2nd night in a row we've got into one of these "discussions" late at night?

Let's all go to Tonys house, have some beers and have him mediate. Lol.

I realize you know it's not ground.

I also however realize that an uniting person may misunderstand what you mean when they read that the chassis is not ground until the battery out alt is connected to it.

Just want to make sure everyone realizes that the chassis is never ground.

Sorry if I came off as an ass didn't mean to.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

I realize you know it's not ground.

I also however realize that an uniting person may misunderstand what you mean when they read that the chassis is not ground until the battery out alt is connected to it.

Just want to make sure everyone realizes that the chassis is never ground.

Sorry if I came off as an ass didn't mean to.

Nah man, all 4 of us seem pretty good about disagreeing on things without getting all emotional and shit. Nobody crying or butt hurt.

We've derailed the shit out of this thread. Isn't this the 2nd night in a row we've got into one of these "discussions" late at night?

how about have some beers and let him school us.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Lol, the worst part is it him we were all trying to say the same thing but just misunderstanding each other.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

thats what im saying. we are all right just misunderstanding each other.. my argument is you can do the big3 to the battery it dont have to be the chassis. for me the battery was closer then the chassis. so it was obvious to run the wire direct. now if my starter battery was in the rear it would have been to chassis but would make sure its done right. things get in the way of the path very easily.. when i wired my alt i ran the positive to alt and neg to alt. car wouldnt start and battery light was on.. the fix was grounding the engine. grounding the chassis wouldn't turn my car either because of the motor mount having rubber

to be clear the path to the starter was not complete or was not sufficient

the problem is tony not giving us the info straight. he crates a thread and lets people guess then gives the info a week later and says just enough to get us to move on lol

a good way to get us to buy his books.

I leave the stock wiring and just add to. Once I get my alt into the car I'll be doing a alt mounting bolt to chassis and to battery. Plus the battery ground and alt power to battery. Rear ground will be straight to the chassis. Might increase that by doing 2 runs neg to battery up front. 2 runs because I'll have 2 runs pos.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

Archived