Triticum Agricolam Posted December 16, 2014 Report Posted December 16, 2014 I am keen on keeping that box BUT if I would go smaller I would drop down to a 10 but never heard any good single 10 setups with techno music at the moment. Assuming they are on the same power, I would take a ported 10" over a sealed 12" any day of the week. Box design has much greater impact over how a sub is going to sound then the difference between a 10" and 12" sub does. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
ebrahim Posted December 16, 2014 Author Report Posted December 16, 2014 Would you be able to suggest any 10 inch subwoofers out there?
yurvalentine Posted December 16, 2014 Report Posted December 16, 2014 Would you be able to suggest any 10 inch subwoofers out there? I'm pretty fond of my Mayhems. I have a sneaking suspicion you are going to want to spend less though.
Triticum Agricolam Posted December 16, 2014 Report Posted December 16, 2014 Would you be able to suggest any 10 inch subwoofers out there? I cannot until you give us a price range. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Joe X Posted December 16, 2014 Report Posted December 16, 2014 Honestly I heard someone with a Boston Acoustics G5 12 running off an Alpine amp that does 500 watts. Now I have searched ebay and amazon for a G5 12 but could not find one. At the moment I have a 1 cu ft enclosure sealed for a single 12. I am looking for a single 12 that could work in a 1 cu ft sealed enclosure at this moment. As for the amp I have an Arc Audio KS 300.2 and a Kicker amp that does 400 x 1 @ 2 ohms but not sure of the model number of the Kicker amp off the top of my head sorry. Thank you. Sealed is ok if you just want sound quality and want to keep the box small, probably you may want to look at Image dynamics IDQ, JL Audio W6 or Fi with high QTS for 12 subs, they will all work in sealed.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.