Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Subwoofer for techno music


ebrahim

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have a 2006 Kia Spectra SX sedan and was wondering what is a good subwoofer for techno music out there? I have the Kenwood Excelon single din unit with the Hertz HCP-4 powering the Morel Hybrid Ovation 6 II up front. Sub amp will depend on which subwoofer you gentleman suggest to me.

Thank you.

Posted

You should probably figure out what Amp you are going to use first because its easier to match a sub to an amp rather than vice versa. One example would be how much power will you be running? One sub or two? What kind of enclosure will the sub be put into? sealed, ported, 4th, 6th? Are you looking for something loud and low or a sub thats smooth with a wider frequency range? One of the biggest questions - How much do you want to spend on this?

If I had to just suggest a sub without any info ... I would say a 15" FI Q. I say this because i plan to order one in the near future.

Hope this helps

Posted

Also consider some amps put out rated power at 1 ohm so you might want to look at subs with a D2 ohm coil so you can wire them down to 1 ohm in order to get :morepower1:

This is another reason you should consider choosing an amp first in order to match a sub to it.

Posted

What kind of space do you have for an enclosure?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Posted

And budget?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Posted

Like others have said, performance is determined by space and budget. We will need to know both to be able to recommend anything.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Posted

I have a 2006 Kia Spectra SX sedan and was wondering what is a good subwoofer for techno music out there? I have the Kenwood Excelon single din unit with the Hertz HCP-4 powering the Morel Hybrid Ovation 6 II up front. Sub amp will depend on which subwoofer you gentleman suggest to me.

Thank you.

What's the level of output you pretend?

Posted

Honestly I heard someone with a Boston Acoustics G5 12 running off an Alpine amp that does 500 watts. Now I have searched ebay and amazon for a G5 12 but could not find one. At the moment I have a 1 cu ft enclosure sealed for a single 12. I am looking for a single 12 that could work in a 1 cu ft sealed enclosure at this moment. As for the amp I have an Arc Audio KS 300.2 and a Kicker amp that does 400 x 1 @ 2 ohms but not sure of the model number of the Kicker amp off the top of my head sorry.

Thank you.

Posted

Are you totally committed to using that sealed box you already have? If you went to a ported enclosure I think you would be a lot happier given the music style you listen to. Even if it meant going to a smaller sub.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2502 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...