Need help finding a tweeter...

i have a few pairs of the crescendo RTS-1 and they sound good

That was my original idea. But I was talking to Crescendo today and they said some people thought they sounded too bright.

what tweets do you like the sounds of? have u listened/herd any component sets that's you liked the sound of? are you going to be running active? or using passive crossover (if so what are they) I would suggest a pair of splits unless your going active

I am running active. And I have not really heard much. I heard Alpine SPS Tweets powered off a deck, not impressed. And I had soundstream twt.2 tweet on a custom component set, not impressed. I want a clear, natural sound. Not an overly bright/sharp sound. And what do you mean by pair of splits?

sorry that's what I call component sets (split tweeter and mid)...... I suggest you go listen to as many pairs of tweeters as you possibly can, from there make your dicision. also how much rms are you going to send each one....... tweets don't really need much pwr to get loud. maybe your overpowering your tweets so they sound harsh/tinny.... what tweets have you run befor?

sorry that's what I call component sets (split tweeter and mid)...... I suggest you go listen to as many pairs of tweeters as you possibly can, from there make your dicision. also how much rms are you going to send each one....... tweets don't really need much pwr to get loud. maybe your overpowering your tweets so they sound harsh/tinny.... what tweets have you run befor?

I ran the soundstream twt.2 in a "split" set before. I am powering my tweets off a separate amp from the one for the mids. I am looking at either 4 tweets at 100wrms or 4 tweets at 50wrms. Both 4 ohm.

50wrms each tweet? or 50wrms divided into the 4 tweets? I always suggest one set of tweets in any setup (helps with settting up the front staging and imaging ect) but each to his own I spose.

Dayton audio RS28F-4 silk dome tweets look the goods (I wouldn't suggest buying them unless you have herd them tho)

the last tweets you had were 120wrms and were a horn loaded titanium dome tweeter.

listen to as many tweets as possible find out what tweets or material of tweets you like the sound of best.

Archived