mechman 370 charging at 19v?

i would still check the harness you got from mechman.. see if it has a dial on it.. i dont think they would send you a plug the can just plug right in with your stock harness. that wouldnt be cost efficient

From what you're saying, it appears you may have this

http://www.mechman.com/accessories/adjustable-voltage-boost-module-for-gm-alternators-w-4-pin-oval-plug/

According to the description, it should have an adjustment screw to adjust the voltage, so it might just be that.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

thats what i think he has and its adjusted the fuck up.. if you find it turn it counter clockwise like 10 times so it brings the voltage down.. its better to adjust from low voltage then to turn car on and adjust down

it has to be it cause im sure they wont spend money on a plug he dont need

what is that other end of the 3foot blue wire connected too?

I would assume that that blue wire maybe some sort of turn on for the alternator or to supply some sort of power to something.

I wouldnt understand otherwise why they would send a harness adapter to from factory plug to the same factory plug, but than have a 3foot long wire sticking out of it.

Most likely without that wire hooked up like you said it wasnt is probably something to do with the voltage running so high (since it does the same thing with the supplied harness and the factory harness).

Your best bet would be to call them asap tomorrow for a fast answer on what to do with that wire. Dont hook it up to anything before you talk to them and for that matter don't start or run the car until then.

Archived