Electrical Problem??

After a bit of research and Online forum digging, I seems like what the OP is experiencing is a fairly common issue for the 300c and Charger. The primary complaint was that in the winter these electrical issues start cropping up. Apparently the electrical system In the 300c is very sensitive to changes so in the winter if the battery is already weak the cold weather is enough to start causing these issues. They said that once the weather warmed up the symptoms lessened or disappeared completely. The Solution was a new battery in most cases, however there were a few instances where there was a partially burnt bulb, bad BCM (or FCM), bad switch on the dash for lights (almost any light) or blinker. I didnt see any cases resolved by fixing wire shorts, fuses, or the headlight control module, but those were also suggested culprits. Personally, I would check to make sure your battery terminals and grounds were all tight. Or if the battery has corrosion.

Hope this helps!

Right on!!!! Lol.. This just started happenening as soon as the snow fell!!! So I'm going to check the battery and clean the terminals and price a BCM just in case!!

Or take it back to the dealer, if they are a good dealer they will make it right.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I second what he said.

walk into the middle of there new car show room where there trying to sell people new cars and bitch a fit there and talk to a manager watch how quick they try to set u right.

Have done it before when I bought my 96 Cadillac Fleetwood brougham and the heat wasn't working and I had a newborn baby. They fixed my heat.

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

Any news?

It's still in the shop, they said it could be the FCM and they are changing it out free of charge due to my warranty! I should have it back tomorrow or Friday due to the holiday and they are also changing my oil and putting new brake pads on! We will see!! I miss my baby lol!

Ok got the car out of the shop, had them replace the FCM but problem still persisted! I scratched my head over and over and decided to snatch the Chinese double din out and I tried a different radio, same thing! Took that out and put the factory radio back in and VOILA!!!!! Everything is back to normal, so I'm assuming the CANBUS adapter I bought took a crap on me!! It's a PAC C2R-CHY4. Is this the one I I was supposed to use for my particular car???

you could go on crutch fields website, and put your make and model of your vehicle in.It should tell you what harness you need for your head unit.

hmmm didn't think about that one, I'll give it a shot!

Archived