Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Need a little AA help


afrakes

Recommended Posts

Posted

So I just need to copy and paste those numbers into the program and it should work? Sorry if I'm slow with all this, computers aren't exactly my thing.

The data files for WinISD are just text, so instead of downloading they open up in the web browser, which is not what we want. If you right click on the link for the file and select "save target as" or "save link as" you can then download it and then copy it into your "drivers" folder for WinISD. You should be in business then.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Posted

So I just need to copy and paste those numbers into the program and it should work? Sorry if I'm slow with all this, computers aren't exactly my thing.

The data files for WinISD are just text, so instead of downloading they open up in the web browser, which is not what we want. If you right click on the link for the file and select "save target as" or "save link as" you can then download it and then copy it into your "drivers" folder for WinISD. You should be in business then.

Thank u very much. I will give this a go when I get home.

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

Posted

With 20" deep you'll have to bend the port whether slot or aero. Not a big deal, just little more work.

My issue when thinking about making a slot port, and achieve 50ish inches of port, is if my box is 17" high (outside) that would give me 14.75" of internal (port) height. Which would make my port opening 14.75x3.5ish. That seems like a bad port ratio for proper air flow to me. Any thoughts?

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

Posted

1:4.2 ratio, not that bad.

What if I knocked it down to 1:1 ratio, perfect square? I know it would leave a "ledge" inside the box, would that be a more efficient option or would it create too much disturbance in the air flow? I'm shooting for most efficient, hence aeroports as an initial idea. I'm planning on building this box once and having it for hopefully years to come.

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

Posted

Btw i can round all interior 90's using a router too.

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

Posted

14.75" x 3.5" isn't a port aspect ratio I'd be concerned about. As long as you can round over the insides of the port you should be fine.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Posted

Ok thanks for the replies. Still leaves me wondering if there's any downside to making a perfect square port? Would it be more efficient and worth it for me to do the extra work?

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4682 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...