Sundown Audio

Amp suggestion for 2 Shok Triton 8's.

dortiz29

I just purchased two Shok Triton 8 inch subs. I read that they are rated at 400 rms a piece, but I didn't know if they were severely underrated? I don't want to buy an 800 watt amp and under power them, but I don't want to go out and buy a 1500 watt amp and be feeding them too much since I don't really know anything about them.The subs would be wired down to 1 ohm. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated :)

You can always turn the gain down on the 1500 watt amp so you aren't feeding them too much power.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

any reason you went with 8's

chances are you will want to upgrade

I didn't have room for much else. I primarily listen to hardcore punk so I don't want anything extremely loud. I do sometimes listen to rap, though. And that's why I wanted some 8's in this car, and of course for to play the low end in all types of music. My old car had a Fi SSD 15 and it was just too much for the type of music I listen to. I needed to focus more on the mids and highs haha.

Drew, I have a couple of options for you.

First off, the triton 8s rating of 400w is reasonable being that they use a 2" coil.

I would not recommend a 1500w amp as you do not want to severly over power the subs and risk damaging them. I dont believe in just "turning down" your gain, it is not a power knob and needs to be properly set.

I have a 1000w amp in stock from Sound Magus that pairs perfectly with a pair of Tritons. This is on sale and priced at $209.99

http://www.droppinhzcaraudio.com/sound-magus-dk1200-mono-amplifier/

If you do decide to go the 1500w route, I have the Crescendo S1500s in stock as well.

http://www.droppinhzcaraudio.com/crescendo-audio-s1500-1/

Please feel free to message me with any questions.

Archived