ImEnNergy Posted December 27, 2014 Report Posted December 27, 2014 Can anyone help me out, I have a sundown sa-12 in the middle, two nvx vcw124's on the sides, on a hifonics x2200.1d. When i turn the volume up on my headunit, or my bassknob it starts to sounds like an extremely fast heartbeat. Doesn't seem to cut out, The gain isn't even half way up, they are being pretty underpowered as it is. also are brand new, My headunit is a pioneer FX-x700BT. I'll post a video on youtube and link it, watch towards the end. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mgug5d1Ui1I&index=1&list=UUg8MZkcRJ3CczhNChMTG9Gg 1 Sundown Sa-12 2 NvX VCW124's Hifonics brutus 2200.1d 02 F150
redwolf2 Posted December 27, 2014 Report Posted December 27, 2014 Well, I'm no professional.... BUT if you can't get your amp tuned properly... Turn your gain to 1/4, check your settings on your deck ("bass boost" and the like at 0), and how's your voltage when it does that? When I first got my old setup put in my truck, it was doing something very similar because everything was out of whack (including only being able to go to 7 on the volume of the deck (35 being max) before it was excessively loud) Also whenever my bass would hit (and do the same thing) the other speakers would flutter the same way. Check it out (if you have already, check again) and get back!
OldsBoomer Posted December 27, 2014 Report Posted December 27, 2014 How is it wired>? It sounds like there is potentially a lot of issues here Suburban Coming Soon
Aj11 Posted December 27, 2014 Report Posted December 27, 2014 bad ground among other things. do me a favor, turn your system to volume 1 and shut all your doors. walk around and with out hurting your car bump into your car. if nothing happenes open and shut each door hard. if you hear the sub thump it's a bad ground, gain to high, bad rc connection. jvc deck stinger 1800 front hc 2000 kinetic rear 2 runs of 1/0g big 3/4 ct 60.4 2 ct 1400.1 ct EXO 15 d1 lots of deadner type r comps front stage 6 kicker tweets rear stage lots of great stuff coming soon ho alt more bats ct comps for front stage more deadner sweet amp rack lots of L.E.D lights new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)
islandpride684 Posted December 27, 2014 Report Posted December 27, 2014 is the SA-12 wired with the NVXs? Build Log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186921-blk9te-07-yukon-slo-mo-build/page-3?hl=%2Bblk9te#entry2881410
ImEnNergy Posted December 27, 2014 Author Report Posted December 27, 2014 It is all wired down to 2 ohms, the sundown is wired the same/with the nvxs, and I will be checking the ground in a little bit, I've Never had a problem with the ground before this I had the sundown and two kicker comps in it. 1 Sundown Sa-12 2 NvX VCW124's Hifonics brutus 2200.1d 02 F150
MrSkippyJ Posted December 27, 2014 Report Posted December 27, 2014 ok I'll ask. How do you have it wired to 2 ohms? F150: Stock 2019 Harley Road Glide: Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt Processor: DSR1 Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx Lid (Rear) 6x9s - TMS69
ImEnNergy Posted December 27, 2014 Author Report Posted December 27, 2014 ok I'll ask. How do you have it wired to 2 ohms? Each sub wired positive to positive, negative to negative, then positive to negative going to the amp. 1 Sundown Sa-12 2 NvX VCW124's Hifonics brutus 2200.1d 02 F150
gckless Posted December 27, 2014 Report Posted December 27, 2014 You have two D4 subs, unless I'm missing something. You're not wired to 2 ohms. Measure it with an ohmmeter. Edit: Just seen the SA-12. Dafuq's going on here? "Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand. My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/ High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography
ImEnNergy Posted December 27, 2014 Author Report Posted December 27, 2014 You have two D4 subs, unless I'm missing something. You're not wired to 2 ohms. Three D4 subs... Lol 1 Sundown Sa-12 2 NvX VCW124's Hifonics brutus 2200.1d 02 F150
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.