Second Skin Audio

subwoofer and alternator

mmpannekake

Hey, im currently running two alpine type x 12inch subs and a dc audio 5k amp. Im looking for something that can handle some more power and thinking about two more powerfull 12s or one 15inch that will handle 5k rms. My car is a bmw e39 sedan so space is limited thats why i cant do bigger than 1 15, and i cant fold down the backseats so getting a big box in the car is rather hard because the trunk opening is rather small.

And currently im running the stock 140a alternator so im looking for a 250+ amp that will fit to my car.

Hows your enclosure build / tune ??

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

welcome to the forum!

lots of questions may be answered here...just be sure you give as much info as you can. that way, you can receive the best answer(s), hopefully without the smart remarks and butt hurt!

without being able to fold down seats, you may contemplate a rear deck blow through, and, with the tight spaces your giving us...maybe a new box built inside the trunk might be more to

your liking. I'll let the experts chime in on what equipment might better fit your needs. anyway...

cheers! :drink40:

2007 Chevy Aveo Ls sedan

2 Sundown Xv2 on scv4k @ .5 ohm

2 pair RE XXX 6.5 components on sax200.4 @ 2 ohm

Big Three, Three runs 1/0 power from front to back, 1 ground front to back

Two runs ground from rear bank to chassis

XS power d3100 upfront, 3 Odyssey 2150s in bank

Singer 220 amp alt

My car has a ski hatch in the middle so the pressure gets out there and im planning on sound dampening the entire trunk. Im using sealed box atm but ive asked a guy that builds car stereo in my area for a box made for my subs but im not sure i want to build a box for them if im going to replace the subs. I know i could get alot more out of the subs with a proper box but they are kinda underrated for my amp, 1000rms per sub on a 5k+ rms amp, i feel i could get alot more if i simply get subs that can handle all the power

Kinda turning into a vs thread, Compare reputable brands at the rms your after, put the t/s parameters in winisd and box specs into Torres, and see if it has the bandwidth etc that your after. Although it varies depending on the vehicle.

Archived