AudioControl DM-608

(2) Stevens Audio Neo-Comp Full-Size Horns

(4) Faital Pro 6PR160 6.5"

AudioControl LC-6.1200

(1) Fi Neo 4.7 15" D2 in 3.74 Cubic Feet @ 27.70 Hz

Ampere Audio AA3800.1

Odyssey ODP-AGM48 Battery (Starting)

Odyssey ODX-AGM31 Battery (Trunk)

Big 3 - 2\0 Welding Cable, KnuKonceptz Speaker Wire & 1/0 Power Cable, NVX RCAs, Second Skin (Speaker Tweaker Pads, Damplifier Pro Mat), Diode Dynamics LEDs

• 3 weeks later...

Time for a big update! Things were put on hold until I could get the alternator installed. The universal alternator was a close fit, but didnt quite fit the bill. I had to build a custom bracket to get it in there. Once installed it powered up fine and works beautifully. Good on Ohio Generators for the help!

IBGRtl2.jpgL8RS8hO.jpg

The team drove out to Tennessee to meet the great people behind XSPower and pick up the batteries for the build.

QOUUHJ4.jpg

OeHRpwv.jpg

Next is wiring. I plan to run both positive and negative runs from the front to the back. Hopefully I'll install the rear battery bank as early as next weekend.

Team 2Loud @ Virginia TechTeam NVXXS Power BatteriesDB Designs

Build logs: 
2002 Mitsubishi Galant, 12 NVX 12s, 4th order, Vital Power 700.1, 158.6 dB Kick 
1990 Honda Civic SPL Build, 2 DC LVL 5 Team 15s, 2 Vital Power 700.1s

Follow my builds on Social Media!
Youtube: SolerTuned
Facebook: @2LoudVT
Instagram: @SolerTuned

• 4 weeks later...

Got the battery/ amp rack in! Mounted the xp3000s with custom aluminium bus bars. I'll be taking those off to drill and tap them for lugs when I get the amp in there. All the bank needs is a coat of paint and it'll really look good. The center section will get a set of hinges so I can lift it to store stuff in the spare tire well.

GfQyPgh.jpg8ZZXYY5.jpg

2K7USIf.jpg

rlPulFv.jpg

PS ignore the Hifonics amp, that was in the stock location from the last build, it'll be moved to the side of the box once thats constructed.

Build logs: 

• 2 weeks later...

Another Update!

The subs are here! 6 NVX VCW 12s. The delivery man was not happy with me lol. Im used to running 15s (for about 3 years now) so these feel so tiny to me. They're definitely beefy though! came in at about 31 lbs a piece!

hqxoMDz.jpg

Also for the time being, I'll be running them on a Popcorn Sounds/ Addictive Audio 500.1 hybrid out of my buddy Trey's Jeep. Once I see that the car is good in the 6-7K range, then I'll be looking to upgrade.

11836694_862407017147642_627177641665576

Should look good with the amp rack that I painted.

5npROeH.jpg

PGFkJhO.jpg

The amp rack lifts up so I can still use storage in the spare tire well. Who said you cant travel if you have a wall?

Build logs: 

5npROeH.jpg

did you make a handle out of power wire?.......... thats F :shok: CKIN genius. why i never thought of something like that

4 Fi Q 12s In A Prius on 4 Crescendo BC2000D?! :WTFBubble: That's Absurd (!!!UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!!) go follow http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/190658-the-first-prius-with-4-12s/

c42977d4-a28f-47b5-a02f-49dbb8697b2d_zps

Yep! I had it laying around from a previous build haha

Build logs: 

• 3 weeks later...

Major progress on the build over the weekend! I've been super busy with work and school, plus with the weather being crappy I wasn't able to make much progress. My manager allowed me to use the back room to work on my car while the rain rolled on.

I finished the amp rack by adding felt fabric to cover up the exposed trunk.

GjXyhe2.jpg

I added sound deadening to the doors, floor, and 2 layers to the roof. About 50 sq ft all said and done. Hopefully that'll reduce the rattles. lol

In addition, I ran all new wires. 2 runs of 16g to each door for the mids and one for the tweeters. I ran new RCAs that'll go the new 4 channels in the rear.

I ran new wires to the alt. One run of NVX OFC positive/negative and saw as much as a 0.3V difference over the old 1/0 CCA cable I had. I'll be keeping the additional 1/0 grounds on the battery and block.

0KQ5uqU.jpg

Eqr0Ilx.jpg

pqYTDzD.jpg

The box construction began:

4 sheets of 3/4" birch

4FnVlRg.jpg

Went with double layered all the way around to hopefully reduce box flex.

caSa4nZ.jpg

d2OOwaD.jpg

Subs in the box

68CqT5i.jpg

I had to take the box apart and reassemble it in the car, even after taking the door off.

The fitment could not be any closer. The box is nearly wedged into place with less than a 1/32 inch on all corners.

HexLlg3.jpg

I'll be painting the box tomorrow and hopefully installing/wiring the subs tomorrow.

The amp I was going to use blew up.... so I'll be searching around for a new 7-10k amp... kinda stinks because I wanted to run it this weekend. Might have to borrow my buddy's 2k watt american bass amp so i'll have something.

I also got my mids in. I found out my company had a wholesale account with Parts Express... so I ditched the idea of Crescendo 6.5" for PRV 8" woofers. Saved about $100 by doing so haha. So I'll be running 4 8"s in each door with the 4" super tweeter. Havent decided where I'll mount the second set of tweets yet...

ZZte5vy.jpg

I'll try to keep this thread posted, but I've been really busy trying to make this work asap

Build logs: 

Awesome build going on here!

01 Suburban Z71 - 5.3L - Black - 6" Lift on 35's - Pioneer H/U - Kicker Mids, 8" Polk sub.

Past rides-

07 Avalanche - Sunburst Orange - 4/6 Drop - Pioneer AVH-X5600 - 2/0 Royal Excelene - T/M fuse blocks - Stock and Singer 350 Alts - 4 Kinetik 1800 - Crecsendo BC5500 & S800.4 amps - 2 Tantric HDD 18's.- RE XXX 6.5 comps

01 Grand Vitara - V6 - 4x4 - Pioneer H/U - Incriminator 6.5 Comps - SSA XCON 18 - Skar 1500.1 & 84.4 amps - Singer 160 Alternator - Optima Yellow top..

Archived