Mitsubishi Galant + 12 12s = ??? Starts at Page 5

Working on the door panels this weekend. This is my first tussle with using a router so its not perfect. Hopefully with some fiberglass it'll smooth out.

P1GFxL1.jpg

xyLow9H.jpg

Team 2Loud @ Virginia TechTeam NVXXS Power BatteriesDB Designs

Build logs: 
2002 Mitsubishi Galant, 12 NVX 12s, 4th order, Vital Power 700.1, 158.6 dB Kick 
1990 Honda Civic SPL Build, 2 DC LVL 5 Team 15s, 2 Vital Power 700.1s

Follow my builds on Social Media!
Youtube: SolerTuned
Facebook: @2LoudVT
Instagram: @SolerTuned

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got the doors done, still have to sand them down and paint them, but at least I got them painted. Went with 4 8" PRV mids powered on the x1200.4. Each one is seeing about 150 watts a piece. Then for tweeters, I am running 1 Lanzar 4" super tweeter in each door on 100 watts each. They seem to keep up with the bass really well. Its my first time working with fiberglass so its not the best by all means. May get them redone in the future either by me or a shop. When its not raining I'll snag a video.

jIhBS39.jpg

6McsafJ.jpg

Build logs: 

Got a video up of the doors. Super surprised in the clarity of the sound!

Build logs: 

• 1 month later...

I'm from Montgomery County. Man I've gotta get a demo from you next time I come through there. I'm working on a new (much smaller than yours) build in my 03. Also own an 01 and was planning on doing the same front end swap and hitting her with some plastisol.

Sweet would love to meet up! Unfortunately my car snapped the timing belt..... again. So I'm gonna need a new engine this time. She'll be down for sometime until i can find a new motor for her.

j95G2FJ.jpgvEzTHsm.jpg

Build logs: 

Bummer man. Sorry to here that. If its the 2.4 i have an extra for my lancer. lol

Yeah its the 2.4L 4G64 SOHC. Not sure if the lancer had the same motor.

Build logs: 

Bummer man. Sorry to here that. If its the 2.4 i have an extra for my lancer. lol

Yeah its the 2.4L 4G64 SOHC. Not sure if the lancer had the same motor.

Same motor, timing belt went out 3 yrs ago and i picked up a used motor for $750 and paid a buddy to swap them out. Kept the old motor, had head rebuilt, got any extra tranny too. Never know! lol

• 1 month later...

kcRXbBR.jpg

After 4 straight days and a new trans, got he back on the road. Just in time for my new amp. 2Loud at Virginia Tech teamed up with Addictive Audio for our next build. My vehicle and the 2Loud car will be sharing the amplifier for the time being, but this is the beauty.

Vital Power 700.1!

Rated for 7k @ 1ohm. I have her wired to 0.66 and dont have any issues with it getting hot. Voltage rarely dips below 14. Although my subs are getting a bit stinky haha guess they dont appreciate almost 2x the RMS rating. But hey, they go full tilt for a good 15 mins without getting too hot.

W8z0pE1.jpg

Build logs: 

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got the box sealed off. It made a HUGE difference in both the sound quality and performance. Managed to score a 155.6 on a burp. Definitely going to play around with the settings and try and squeeze a few more dBs out of her.

g2GLKXv.jpg

My goal is to keep myself at bay till after the summer, then i'm thinking about a different box. Call me crazy, but i think i want to try a 4th, now I just have to figure out how to fit a box thats 6 cubic feet bigger in this poor car. Stay tuned!

Build logs: 

Archived